GB HOMEPAGE

Steam and Memento Mori 2

Posted By: sureshot

Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 03:11 PM

Hi All !

I'm back again for help with this game - since my last plea for help here , I have discovered that the game is NOT saving my progress!! I have a "Saved Data" folder in the game's install directory and I also have a "MEMENTO 2" folder under my profile in the My Documents folder!! The only saves I have there are the files MaG sent me - 3 files for each save !

I never liked using STEAM - it has way too much control on my PC for me - I am willing now to re-purchase the game but NOT from Steam. I tried re-installing the game and with the same results. I select an open save slot - and save the game - I get a confirmation that the game was saved successfully - but there no saved game in any directory.

If there is a solution I am very anxious to hear it - else I would like to know where else I can purchase the game - other than Steam - I have not seen it listed on any other Game download site we all know and use.

Thank you... hardwall
Posted By: Marian

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 03:20 PM

Hi sureshot, I'm moving your post over to Glitches, being that this is a technical problem - hopefully someone here can help you figure out why the game isn't saving your progress.

In answer to your other question, I believe that Steam is the only place you can download the game at this time; this may change in the future.

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 03:22 PM

Thank you Marian. as a computer tech person, I was never a fan of STEAM !
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 03:44 PM

Try to open the game -ran as administrator- smile wave
play and then save

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 04:17 PM

Hi Haroula ! Yes - I did try that!

It is installed on a laptop with with very ample specs, Windows 7 Ultimate - Intel i7 processor - 8 gigs ram - and Nvidia graphics.

There's no issue running it - as it runs and handles fine. Just no Saves to be found anywhere, which is a deal breaker at the moment.

What is odd is that I see and can play the save games MaG sent me. I have to start from them every time. If I get a saved game from someone - I can copy it the Saved Data directory and play it !! but it just will not save on its own.

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 06:18 PM

I think I have the answer!

I could not believe the saves were going "nowhere" so I reinstalled the game after I re-installed STEAM and I did some poking... If I play the game from the Memento Mori 2 installed shortcut, I can play but my saves seem to go nowhere. If I play after I log onto STEAM and use Steam's "Play" button, I can also play the game AND the save games actually get saved - but not in the usual directories I expected but, rather, in a "Remote" directory deep in the STEAM program installation location.

I don't know if this is usual to STEAM or if it helps anyone else.

duh STEAM mad
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 07:04 PM

bravo wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/20/14 07:27 PM

Does it make a difference if you set Steam to work in Offline Mode?
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555

Re: Steam and Memento Mori 2 - 06/23/14 04:01 PM

Hi Jenny

Yes I can play in Off-Line mode but I had to follow the instructions in that link to get that to work as my first attempt failed - I could not get to my Saves.

Thank you for the Link Jenny !! thumbsup

I am going to finish this game and get RID of Steam! I strongly object to them taking over a game I bought and my PC! thumbsdown

BTW I am stuck at that slider too. I'll give more time - I feel I'll be in the Hints forum before long asking for help. lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community