GB HOMEPAGE

avg problem

Posted By: family

avg problem - 10/06/14 02:26 PM

i had to uninstall it it put 2 of my games as threats. cool
Posted By: kjos

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 02:31 PM

I had the same trouble, I installed a few games from GOG and I got a warning but I just ignored AVG.
Posted By: Geo

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 02:38 PM

You should not remove AVG because it is way more important than the games. You should add the games to the "Exception" list in AVG so they are ignored but before you do that you should right click on the game and select "scan with avg shell" to make sure the game is virus free.

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 02:41 PM

okay i will; reinstall, but it said the first dracula resurrerction was a threat and something else, okay i will do that and how do i put those 2 games on the trusted list. cool

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 03:15 PM

1) For instructions:options-help-configuring-advanced settings-exceptions
2) To do:options-advanced settings-exceptions

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 07:29 PM

it is a disk i brought dreamcatcher, along time ago, before they became the adventure company, never mind i just going uninstall it. cool
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 09:30 PM

Draclvr got Dracula Resurrection to run in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Check the "Windows 7 and Games" and "Windows 8 and Games" threads.

Obviously the game is not a virus and AVG gave a false positive. If you don't tell AVG to allow the Dracula game, AVG will delete or quarantine parts of the game and it will not be able to run.

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 09:37 PM

i was able to put it in the firewall settings to allow, but i can't believe they would do that it was a disk.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 11:11 PM

Firewall? Dracula Resurrection doesn't need a connection to the internet to install. That's strange.

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 11:14 PM

i install; it and went into avg to allow it to run, there is a add button name advance in option, it was blocking it, giving it false postive virus. cool

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 11:18 PM

AVG seems to call it "Resident Shield Detection"
http://www.avg.com/us-en/faq.num-5187

It's not a "firewall."
A "firewall" keeps information from entering or exiting your computer from the Internet.
The "Resident Shield" watches over what's going on on your computer -- and blocks it if it think's the activity is "unusual."

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 11:47 PM

okay thank you very much, but avg is a pest sometimes, for giving it a false postive virus and some of the other games.

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 11:49 PM

OK... that explains it.

Re: avg problem - 10/06/14 11:54 PM

i am scare to scan i am afraid another of my games will be false postive virus.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 12:31 AM

Another way to do it is when you want to play a game,turn off the internet,(you don't need it for these games anyway),then disable AVg for a time period that will get you through your gameplay.
Posted By: Marian

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 12:54 AM

AVG gave me a lot of false positives. That's why I uninstalled it and have been using Avast ever since.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 03:40 AM

where can i install avast antivirus.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 03:56 AM

It is a free antivirus program you would install on your computer - after you uninstall AVG, of course.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 04:09 AM

i found t and install the pro i might uninstall it if it gives me problems.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 05:06 AM

You will have to pay for the Pro version... if you wanted the free one, that's different.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 05:20 AM

okay i just going to go without avg mess with my game and avast had alot of stuff i didn't want i just wanted a antivirus.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 05:30 AM

Dear heavens... you can't go with an antivirus program. If this is your Windows 8 computer, please just reactivate your Windows Defender anti-virus so you at least have something. You will get infected if you don't. Didn't you just get your computer back after having it cleaned? Just do a search for Defender and get it going again. That's the free one that comes on Windows 8.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 02:49 PM

okay i wiill do that, but avg messed with cake maina lights action camera, avast came with driver update and a lot of tools. cool

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 03:17 PM

Avast does not come with any of those things. The only thing it offers at the time of installation is Dropbox. You did not download it from the manufacturer's website. Now you will have to find all that other stuff and uninstall it too.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 07:12 PM

it was dropbox and i uninstall it. thank you guys very much.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 08:49 PM

What about Driver Update and all the tools you mentioned? They should also be uninstalled.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 10:10 PM

everything is uninstall i check both program files even the uninstall program list.

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 10:17 PM

Is Defender running?

Re: avg problem - 10/07/14 11:15 PM

yes it is scaning right now.
Posted By: lindy236

Re: avg problem - 10/09/14 05:29 PM

How do you disable Defender? I'm running Avast and Defender and I guess I shouldn't have both running.

Linda

Re: avg problem - 10/09/14 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: lindy236
How do you disable Defender? I'm running Avast and Defender and I guess I shouldn't have both running.

Linda

Unless you have Windows 8 or 8.1, there is no problem because Defender for Windows 7 and earlier is not an antivirus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Defender

Here are a couple of ways to disable Defender in Windows 8
http://www.guidingtech.com/10154/disable-windows-8-defender-before-installing-antivirus/
Posted By: lindy236

Re: avg problem - 10/11/14 04:48 PM

Thanks Jenny. I have win 7 so I can run both.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community