GB HOMEPAGE

installing games

Posted By: kjos

installing games - 10/17/14 09:54 PM

I bought some games from ShinyLoot and downloaded them but when I went to install them all that came up was Adobe Reader xI. How do I install them.
Richard
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: installing games - 10/17/14 10:43 PM

What was the file extension on the file (or files) you downloaded?
The games from Shiny Loot that I downloaded years ago were .rar files, and I had to download them to the same location, then extract them into a folder with 7-zip. I had to create my own desktop shortcut from the game exe, which was one of the extracted files.

Re: installing games - 10/17/14 10:49 PM

I will go and look and see what kind if a file extension. part 1 .rar
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: installing games - 10/18/14 03:02 AM

Rar is a compressed file. Did you extract it first?

Re: installing games - 10/18/14 03:02 AM

Is there a part 2 that you need to download?
You need all of the .rar files that go with the game, and you need them in the same folder.
Then you need a program that can decompress .rar files -- either WinRAR or 7-zip will do it. Winzip will also extract .rar files. 7-zip is free.

Re: installing games - 10/18/14 08:45 AM

I have all three parts. ShinyLoot says just double click on them. I downloaded WINRAR and extracted all the files. Game runs good. Funny I don't ever remember playing this game. Looks good.
Richard

Re: installing games - 10/18/14 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
ShinyLoot says just double click on them.

That only works if one of the files is an .exe file -- or if you have a utility installed that can open .rar files.
If they're all .rar files, it won't work unless you have WinRAR or 7-zip or some other file extraction utility already installed and associated with .rar files.
Windows can't open .rar files by itself, though it can open .zip files.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community