GB HOMEPAGE

GOG Games Downloader

Posted By: exalthim2

GOG Games Downloader - 10/22/14 08:35 PM

I recently purchased a game from GOG and I downloaded their installer however, when I try to downlaod my game I get a message saying "the file cannot be located in the installer's file" Can someone help me on what I'm doing qrong? The game doesn't show up on the installer either.
Thank you
Kim
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/22/14 08:46 PM

What does GOG support say? Does it show up on your "shelf?"

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/22/14 09:02 PM

They haven't answered me yet. So if I go to my Account and hit Library i get a list of 8 games entitled My collection, I didn't order any of those games. I saw the shelf when I first ordered but I can't get back it under my account .
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/22/14 09:26 PM

Follow the instructions here
http://www.gog.com/support/rollercoaster..._on_my_accounti

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/22/14 10:25 PM

That didn't work. I still can't get to the shelf
Posted By: Marian

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 12:38 AM

This may have zero to do with your problem, but I found a thread on GOG where someone was getting the same error message that you are, although with a different game (post #3 on the thread):

File could not be located in the installer's folder

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 02:28 AM

You're right. I tried looking in their forums but can't get in because they say they are overwhelmed.
hardwall

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 02:36 AM

I'm not having any trouble looking at the forums on GOG, so I wonder what's up.

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 02:53 AM

I can get in now but it seems like there's several people with the can't access library problem. So I guess I'll wait to hear from support because I tried changing browsers, refreshing etc as suggested in the forums but nothing worked. Thank you so much Marian for your help.

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 03:32 PM

Sorry about your GOG woes. Very frustrating. I hope it gets straightened out soon!
Posted By: kjos

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 03:42 PM

I had the same thing happen to me, exalthim2. I kept trying to download the game Dream Fall Chapters. I couldn't get it to download so I just gave up trying. I asked for a refund. Never had this much trouble downloading a game.
Richard
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
I had the same thing happen to me, exalthim2. I kept trying to download the game Dream Fall Chapters. I couldn't get it to download so I just gave up trying. I asked for a refund. Never had this much trouble downloading a game.
Richard

You gave up too soon. Currently the GOG servers are overwhelmed -- too many people trying to download the game files. Wait few days until the worst of the downloading traffic is over.

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 04:53 PM

The gremlins must have gone to sleep because the game is downloading with no apparent problems. Thank you Marian for your diligence in trying to help me.
Kim

Re: GOG Games Downloader - 10/23/14 05:18 PM

I'm so glad to hear that, Kim! Act quickly while the gremlins are asleep. Enjoy the game. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community