GB HOMEPAGE

shortcuts

Posted By: kjos

shortcuts - 11/02/14 08:51 AM

I'm on my xp because I can't get on to GB on my 7.All of my shortcuts won't open. This is what I get. The Proxy Server is refusing connections. Even Mozilla Firefox. I got up early and started my pc and that's what happened.Even My E-Mail won't open. Wonder what happened. I haven't done anything different. I done all the virus scans. Didn't help. I even restored my pc. Nothing helped. it's just like I don't have a internet connection on my 7. If it wasn't for my xp I would be lost. I ran troubling shooting and I got the remote device or resource won't accept the connection,
Richard
Posted By: Robert Gault

Re: shortcuts - 11/02/14 03:08 PM

Ask yourself if you use a Proxy Server. You would if at work at a business but less likely from a home unit.

If you look at the Mozilla Preferences, you should see something like Advanced/Proxies and can select whether you have a direct connection or need a proxy. Based on your description, it is not a Firefox problem but a system wide problem. So you should check the modem and it's connections on the Win7 unit and the network adapter. Also check the network connection (software) on the Win7 unit.

I could describe how to check this stuff on a WinXP unit but not a Win7 unit.

Robert
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: shortcuts - 11/02/14 03:56 PM

In Windows 7 you can type the word
proxy
into the Start Search and it will list "Configure proxy server."
Open that result to open the interface.

Then click the LAN Settings button
and there is a checkbox for a proxy connection.

Make sure your network cable hasn't come loose, either on the computer end or the router end.

Re: shortcuts - 11/02/14 04:04 PM

I checked the modem and it's ok it works on my xp. Will do what you said Jenny. There is a check by the proxy server. there is no check mark by bypass proxy serve for your LAN. I put a new cable in but it help. Something must have crashed on my files. It says I'm connected to the internet but I can't connect to the internet. I don't know what else to do. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: mj2c

Re: shortcuts - 11/02/14 05:28 PM

Uncheck the proxy server

Re: shortcuts - 11/02/14 05:34 PM

I don't believe I've been working on it for 5 hrs. That did it. I'm connected now. Thank you so very much mj2. and that's all I had to do. I was going to take it back to the shop tomorrow.
Richard
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: shortcuts - 11/05/14 06:14 PM

Whew. A few bucks saved there.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community