GB HOMEPAGE

KQ8: Mask Of Eternity - No disk in drive

Posted By: NDLVR

KQ8: Mask Of Eternity - No disk in drive - 09/23/15 07:50 AM

I have the GOG version, and earlier tonight I have posted in their forum, but so far haven't gotten a reply.

I have never had this problem until just tonight. I attempted to load the game and it asks for a disk and no matter how many time I click ignore, cancel or even the X, the window won't go away and I can't play the game
Posted By: Marian

Re: KQ8: Mask Of Eternity - No disk in drive - 09/23/15 02:59 PM

I moved your post over to Glitches.

A search on the GOG forum reveals that other people have had this problem, too, and that it can occur randomly. I found this thread here.

I also found this on the GOG Support pages.

And this from a Wikia page:

Quote:
The game requires a CD drive to play, even if you are playing the GoG.com version. This causes a problem with computers, laptops, or netbooks with no cd drives. To get past this problem you will need to use a virtual drive such as daemontools to trick the software into loading. Or use the installer on Sierrahelp.

If all else fails, I would write to GOG Customer Support, as they might have an additional workaround.
Posted By: Collector

Re: KQ8: Mask Of Eternity - No disk in drive - 09/23/15 11:55 PM

Yeah, this is a known problem on PCs without a CD drive, not just the GOG version of MoE, but a few other games as well. The installation of Daemon Tools will fix it. My installer should avoid this problem for anyone with the original CD.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community