GB HOMEPAGE

Update all drivers

Posted By: Newgames

Update all drivers - 07/20/16 04:27 AM

What is a good free program to update all drivers on a laptop and/or desktop?

I loved the Ccleaner for files
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Update all drivers - 07/20/16 05:35 AM

My recommendation would be to only update drives from the manufacturer's websites. You take a big chance of getting more than you bargained for otherwise. So if you have an Nvidia graphics chip or card, only update drivers from the Nvidia website.

Re: Update all drivers - 07/20/16 06:04 AM

Thank you, I having a problem with the sound driver. I updated the sound driver from MSI laptop website and it worked for about 15 minutes and then it cut out again. Will not stay on even after Microsoft fixed it several times(going into the error correction).

I will try something else.

Re: Update all drivers - 07/20/16 02:42 PM

Microsoft fixed it? Just being cautious here, but you didn't let one of those scammers who claims to be from Microsoft on the phone have access to your computer, did you?

The laptop website is a great resource for driver updates because they sometimes have proprietary drivers for their laptops. Not sure what is going on here. Maybe Jenny100 will have some suggestions.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Update all drivers - 07/20/16 05:12 PM

If the original drivers didn't have the problem with sound cutting out, then go back to using those older drivers. If you don't know how to go back to a previous driver version, check here...
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/f/roll-back-drivers.htm

A few years ago I tried to "update" the drivers for a Hercules Fortissimo II sound card using a driver update on the manufacturer's website that was clearly labelled as being for my card -- and lost all sound. After trying to reinstall the drivers numerous times, I eventually went back to the original drivers and got sound back. I don't remember what "improvements" the new drivers were supposed to offer, but they simply didn't work. The only drivers that worked were the ones that shipped with the card.

Re: Update all drivers - 07/22/16 11:35 PM

bravo
Well it is fixed.

It started out as the sound cutting out by was fixed by Microsoft fix it over and over again.
Then the modem went out, then the sound again and then the intermittent problems with the drives.
Then the mouse would not work right(found out it was the battery-replaced).

Replaced the modem(had to wait 1 day for reset password), replace the file for the sound(MSI site),
replaced the battery for the mouse, did a virus scan and did a restore point on files.

It worked! Everything went out at once. Took me 4 days but ok.

No, I would not let anyone take control of my laptop for that reason and remotely.

Re: Update all drivers - 07/23/16 02:59 AM

Good to hear, Newgames! Just wondered who from Microsoft was doing this. Way too many creepy scammers out there!
Posted By: Collector

Re: Update all drivers - 07/23/16 08:02 PM

I think Newgames is talking about the Microsoft Fix it tool. Windows Update will update some drivers like the graphics driver, though it may be optional, meaning that you may need to check the update in the Windows update applet.

Re: Update all drivers - 07/23/16 09:20 PM

I hope that's all it is, Collector!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community