GB HOMEPAGE

Prominence

Posted By: safc

Prominence - 08/09/16 06:06 PM

Hi Guys

I am playing this game at the moment, and I am at a part where I enter a dark room and the main computer gives me enhanced vision, to active this you use the F2 key, but mine does not work, does anyone know if this is a common bug or if there is an alternative key to use, game options does not give you the options of choosing action keys.

All help much appreciated in advance.

Cheers SAFC
Posted By: Marian

Re: Prominence - 08/09/16 06:22 PM

Are you by any chance playing on a laptop?

I took a look at the Steam forum for the game, the technical support section, and found this:

Quote:
Function Key Usage on Laptop / Notebook Systems
If you're playing on a laptop or notebook computer, you may need to press an additional key (such as "Fn") to trigger these commands.

Re: Prominence - 08/09/16 06:41 PM

Hi

No I am playing on my PC, I renewed my Keyboard and Mouse a couple of months ago to wireless, I thought that may be the problem, but the ESC key works fine and the other function key like email and internet work okay

Cheers
SAFC
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Prominence - 08/09/16 11:12 PM

On your keyboard do you have to press a function (Fn) key in order for the F2 to work?
Posted By: cg_mike

Re: Prominence - 08/10/16 04:44 AM

Hopefully, the recommendations above have helped you resolve the issue. If not, feel free to post a reply with details about the make/model of your wireless keyboard + the version of Windows that you're using and I'll try to help.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Prominence - 08/10/16 04:33 PM

Try using shift + F2.

Re: Prominence - 08/10/16 05:45 PM

Hi Guys

Its my keyboard thats the problem, just plugged an old standard keyboard in and tried the game and F2 works fine.

It would be interesting though to find out if there is a problem with microsoft wireless keyboard comfort 5000's and this game

many thanks for all your help

Cheers
SAFC
Posted By: cg_mike

Re: Prominence - 08/11/16 10:47 PM

On the Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000, there should be an "F lock" key to the right of the F12 key as shown here:

This key acts as a toggle, switching the function keys between the specialty features of that keyboard (such as the print function shown on F12) and "normal" function-key operation.

So if a function key doesn't work in-game, press the "F lock" key and then try it again and it should work.

Good luck and happy adventuring!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Prominence - 08/12/16 08:06 PM

Wow !! How helpful is THAT ?? praise
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Prominence - 08/12/16 08:17 PM

Thank you, cg_mike! That's great information!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community