SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK

Posted By: cazziejoe

SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/06/17 11:03 PM

ANd is there no brightness option?
I can't find any 😤.
Thanks caz
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/07/17 05:32 AM

Does your monitor or video card have a brightness option?
Posted By: Pokey

Re: SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/08/17 12:08 AM

Right click on an open space on your desktop. This will bring up your video card as a choice. Select color settings and the use brightness and gamma to get a result you like. My Nvidia card has the choice of how the color is set, by other applications or the Nvidia card. Choose the card. Gamma will brighten without so much loss of color.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/08/17 03:13 AM

And with an Nvidia card you can also make settings that are specific to a game. AMD might do it too.

Re: SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/08/17 06:21 PM

Thanks but I meant ingame settings.
What game doesn't have a brightness or gamma setting these days.
Caz
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/08/17 06:56 PM

That's why Jenny and Pokey advised using your monitor or video card settings.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/08/17 10:13 PM

If you don't see brightness or gamma in the Options menu, those controls are not there. Syberia 3 seems to be very deficient in options compared to most current 3D games. I've seen other complaints about the game being too dark or too murky.

This is someone's Syberia 3 tweak, announced at Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=913309310
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/7157/

I don't know anything about it other than what's posted. The comments say it's an improvement.

Apparently it's "fashionable" for modern games to have washed out, dreary, colorless graphics in high resolution. If you explore the sfx.thelazy.net link you can see he's made similar presets to improve the appearance of many other games.

I expect all the tweaker does is also possible through your video card settings, but quicker and easier using the tweaker.

Re: SYBERIA 3 VERY DARK - 05/09/17 05:39 PM

Thanks Jenny.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community