GB HOMEPAGE

syberia 3

Posted By: albet

syberia 3 - 10/04/17 07:24 PM

I can't figure out how play the game. steam has a download for it, but no place to download it. I been trying for over an hour without sucess please help
Posted By: Marian

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 07:26 PM

Since this sounds like a technical problem, I have moved your post over to Glitches.
Posted By: mrbill

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 07:49 PM

Hi Albet,

Do you have room for it? I have been told that it is something over 40 GB. There is also a lot of Steam download (I don't know if that is part of the 40 GB or extra).

Good Luck!

MR. Bill
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 07:51 PM

OK... you say you can't play the game and then you say you can't download it. We need to know which problem you are having.

To download, start up the Steam client, go to your library and download it from there. If you have not downloaded the Steam client, you will need to do so first.

If you can't play the game, we need to know if it won't start or if you are having problems with the control or graphics or what.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 07:54 PM

Have you ever used Steam before?
Steam doesn't give you a download link.
You have to log into Steam, go to your Steam Library, and install from there.

https://support.bundlestars.com/hc/en-us...games-in-Steam-

or if you're still having trouble

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8379-RYIP-2998

If you've already started a download, it may take a long long time to complete considering how large this game is. Depends on your download speed. It would probably take me at least 4 days to download the bloated thing.

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 08:05 PM

I brough disc. It 1,2, and 3 on it do i still need steam client. I have 10 or 12 game it

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 08:08 PM

The Syberia 3 disc doesn't include the game.
The disc only includes a Steam installer.
Check reviews at ***Amazon*** where people thought they were getting a game on DVD and got a miserable Steam installer.
Posted By: Marian

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: albet
I brough disc. It 1,2, and 3 on it do i still need steam client. I have 10 or 12 game it

The Syberia 3 disc version requires the Steam Client.

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 09:00 PM

how do i do i the steam client

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 09:11 PM

how do i do i the steam client

How do you install it?

Go to http://store.steampowered.com/
Click the green "Install Steam" button at the top right of the webpage.
Click the Green "Install Steam Now" button on the next webpage and follow the prompts to install it.

How do you register a "CD" key for a game that supposedly shipped on CD or DVD (but didn't really include the game)
Go to
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-tfbn-1352
or
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601
and see which applies for your game

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 09:31 PM

I already added Syberia to the add a game i can't flne anything else
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: syberia 3 - 10/04/17 10:12 PM

albet Jenny100's link the last one tells you where to look for your steam key number and how to activate it on steam... have you looked at this?

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 01:11 AM

I have installed the game with the serial number. my problem is can't find steam client

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 03:02 AM

If the game was downloaded and installed, it should be available on your computer. Can you do a search for it one your computer? I don't normally leave Steam running on my computer, but if it is, it is also listed in the "hidden" running programs in the lower right of my taskbar... small "up" arrow.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 03:13 AM

If you don't see a Steam icon on your desktop, doesn't it show up on the Start menu?

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 03:35 AM

where do look for the files windows 10

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 03:51 AM

Click on Start and the list is alphabetical for PROGRAMS. Files can be found in your library under Pictures, Documents, Videos etc.

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 11:08 AM

I forgot to mention the word hidden files. thank

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 12:39 PM

Mr. bill said there 40 GB to this where are they

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 02:02 PM

I don't know if this will help but on my Surface Pro 3 windows 8.1 this is where I found my Steam games>

This Pc> Windows(C:) > Program Files(x86) >Steam > steamapps> common

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 02:41 PM

Why do you need hidden files, albet?

You are asking some rather scattered questions, so let me try it step by step.

First, watch this Youtube video on how to install a Steam Game from DVD. You will need the serial number or key from the DVD box.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how...amp;FORM=VRDGAR

1. Download the Steam client if you haven't done so already. http://store.steampowered.com/about/

2. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, open it. If you don't see a shortcut on your desktop, just click on Start and it will be listed alphabetically.

3. This will automatically open to your Steam Library. Follow the instructions in the video I linked you to above. The download may take a very long time depending on your internet speed.

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 03:43 PM

The download took almost 2 days for me I put my computer power on "NEVER" so it would not shut off..... I have a very slow internet ....

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 03:53 PM

I reinstalled the game it had a little over 36 thosand MBs. it until the with knife i cant get the out. there is no to stop the without computer off

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 04:16 PM

I am confused.. do you mean you got the game running and are stuck at trying to get the knife out?

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 04:39 PM

yes all does is turn the screw with no resuls. you said it took 2 days to download. was that from the disc only

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 06:02 PM

yes all does is turn the screw with no results.

What screw? Are you talking about the screw in the game where Mr. Bill's walkthrough says
Quote:
She finds a knife that will do the job on the table in front of kurk. Use the knife in your inventory (hit I or use center mouse button or roller to bring up inventory). To use the knife on the screw it must be in the center right position of the inventory where it tells you it is a knife. Place and left click your cursor over the screw and it should say use. Use circular movements of the mouse (counter clockwise) to unscrew the screw.

you said it took 2 days to download. was that from the disc only

The disc doesn't contain any actual game files, only a Steam installer that will download the game files from Steam.
How long it takes to download the game will depend on the speed and stability of your Internet connection.

Syberia 3 uses Denuvo copy "protection" which could also be downloading files.

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 06:27 PM

Hey Albet,

It will take about 10 or 12 turns to the left (counterclockwise) while holding the left mouse button down while circling the mouse on the mousepad (10 to 12 times).

Take care,

BILL

Hi Jenny, Are you going to switch this back to Help Forum?

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbill
Hi Jenny, Are you going to switch this back to Help Forum?

I think the part about using the knife as screwdriver belongs in Hints, but albet's post also had a question about downloading, and shuttling the post back and forth between Hints and Glitches is just going to make it harder for albet to find his post.

If albet's future posts are 100% about Hints, I'll move them over. It sounds like his technical problems are solved.

"10 or 12 turns to the left" sounds like an awful lot, and I'm not surprised albet thought it wasn't working.

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 09:23 PM

Jenny,

I'm afraid I exaggerated a bit, It was seven turns. I went back and did it again.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: syberia 3 - 10/05/17 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbill
I'm afraid I exaggerated a bit, It was seven turns. I went back and did it again.

Still too many in my opinion, unless you can see progress being made as you turn.

Re: syberia 3 - 10/06/17 12:56 AM

Yes You Do!

Re: syberia 3 - 10/06/17 02:26 AM

Hey Jenny,

I think he is back on Technical and I don't know what he has to do to make his saves visible (not hidden).

Bill

Re: syberia 3 - 10/06/17 03:18 AM

According to the post here
https://steamcommunity.com/app/464340/discussions/0/1319962173912240437/
the save folder is at
C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Syberia3

I don't know why the saves themselves would be "hidden" but the AppData folder is usually hidden.

Do you see your save in that location, MrBill?

Re: syberia 3 - 10/06/17 01:47 PM

Jenny,

I do now, but I don't think I did in the beginning before going in and undoing Hidden Files and Folders. I guess I should go back in and change things again and see if I can see them, Hopefully I don't screw up. I'm getting much better at that lately. According to Microids they are hidden.

Bill

Here is what Microids says:

Syberia 3 Savegames

Modified on: Thu, 17 Aug, 2017 at 4:59 AM

We provide you with Savegames of some steps of the game:

The Savegames are stored in the following folder :
C: \ Users \ * Windows profile * \ AppData \ LocalLow \ Microids \ Syberia3

<!> Important : Make a copy of your current savegames, the name of the file should start with : 1 - UI_Loader ....

Copy the savegames provided in this folder.
Use the LOAD menu from the main game menu.

However, we must inform you of certain important points :

-The folder where your Savegames are stored is a hidden folder of Windows, you will not see it if the parameter of hidden files and folders is not activated on your PC, we invite you to consult Windows helpdesks / manuals.
-The Savegames will not activate the Trophies, it will be necessary to load a previous savegame when you have solved your problem to go back the steps concerned and have your Trophies.
-We can not be held responsible for a possible problem caused by a mishandling of your part.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community