GB HOMEPAGE

Larry 7 - cutscene problem

Posted By: MrPepka

Larry 7 - cutscene problem - 06/30/18 01:47 PM

My problem with the game Larry 7 is that when cutscenes as after one cutscence is dimming the image of me, this dimming is as if partial (only one part of the picture gets dark and the rest stays as it is). The effect is that the next cutscene is like smudging (ie the screen is all black, but any mouse movement reveals that part of the image at which there is movement).
Configuration:
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
8 GB RAM
GPU - Gainward NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
MB: Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
Any ideas?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Larry 7 - cutscene problem - 06/30/18 02:41 PM

If you're not using ScummVM to play it, try that.
Or try the DOSBox installer at sierrahelp --
http://sierrahelp.com/Games/LeisureSuitLarry/LSL7Help.html

Re: Larry 7 - cutscene problem - 06/30/18 02:52 PM

The Polish version of this game is no DOS installer and don't work properly on ScummVM 2.0
Posted By: mrbill

Re: Larry 7 - cutscene problem - 06/30/18 06:23 PM

Mine is running on Windows 7 Professional in Compatibility mode - WINDOWS XP service pack 3 (Properties\Compatibility Mode). I am sure someone here on GameBoomers told me this. I hope it works for you.

Take care.

Bill

Re: Larry 7 - cutscene problem - 06/30/18 07:04 PM

In Windows 7 game works without bugs. Cutscenes don't work properly under Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. Compatibility mode don't help.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Larry 7 - cutscene problem - 06/30/18 08:11 PM

The only other utility for this game that I am aware of is this one. I have no idea if it's of any use to anyone running a different OS from Windows XP/Vista, though.

Re: Larry 7 - cutscene problem - 06/30/18 08:18 PM

Installer by jafa doesn't work with Polish version. I wanted to report it to him, but I can not register on his forum
© 2024 GameBoomers Community