GB HOMEPAGE

Google change?

Posted By: Geo

Google change? - 09/08/18 12:17 AM

This is not a big thing but something changed with Google. Forever when I brought up Google the cursor was already blinking in the search box.I would just start typing and do my thing. Now I notice the cursor does NOT automatically appear in the search box. I am so used to just starting typing by now that I don't notice nothing is happening until I am done typing and nothing is there. Like I said this is not a big deal but did something change or can I get the cursor to automatically be in the search box?
Posted By: Robert Gault

Re: Google change? - 09/08/18 01:44 AM

Something definitely changed with Google some time ago. What you see probably will depend on your OS and Browser.

For me with WinXP SP3 and Seamonkey, I see the cursor, but the size of the cursor and text is half of what it used to be. That means the cursor and text are in the upper half of the search box.
I'm pretty sure that Google searching is normal at my library which uses a more modern OS and a different browser.

I have not found any setting that will get the search box to operate normally on my system.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Google change? - 09/08/18 01:57 AM

There are a few suggestions here.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Google change? - 09/15/18 01:28 AM

Hi,
I have been using Google Chrome for years now, but I have never come across the mentioned cursor problem. I DO have Win 10 now, if that makes a difference at all.
Sandy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Google change? - 09/15/18 02:58 AM

Are you talking about Google Chrome? I just opened my Chrome and my cursor was blinking in the search box.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Google change? - 09/15/18 03:24 AM

In IE the cursor is not in the box when you start typing but I'm pretty sure it used to be.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Google change? - 09/15/18 05:04 AM

Well this all sounds very weird ....

I use IE and the cursor is blinking in the box ready for me as soon as the opening page hits the screen.

And the same goes for Firefox - which is the other browser I use yes

[Using Win7.]
Posted By: sanford

Re: Google change? - 09/15/18 08:11 AM

Yes Draclvr,
Definitely CHROME, the only browser I use, with a few exceptions.
Sandy
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Google change? - 09/15/18 02:47 PM

I use Chrome and when I open a new page the cursor is at the top of the page my address line.. even if I click in the google box area when I type it goes right back to the top of the address line... has been doing this for a very long time.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Google change? - 09/15/18 03:51 PM

Yes, Chrome started using the address line for searching quite a long time ago. It also may depend on what home page you use. I use Bing.com and my cursor is blinking in the search box in Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community