Posted By: Jenny100

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 02:20 AM

Probably not.
Posted By: deleterman

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 02:37 AM

ok,thanks for the info.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 03:17 AM

I haven't been able to find any posts from anyone who got Cameron Files 2: Pharaoh's Curse working on Windows 7.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 04:13 AM

Why not? Of course it will smile
It is based on the same Phoenix VR engine used by many other games by index+ / Wanadoo / Galilea.

I have just checked: the Russian disk version runs fine in Windows 7 x64!

In fact, I can remember only a couple of games not working in Windows 7. Like 'Versailles 2' unfortunately.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 05:27 AM

I just tried it in my Windows 7 and it does not work. It says something about the file being incompatible.

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 05:42 AM

oldbroad, what file? Can you post a screenshot?
Maybe some English edition features a 16-bit installer? That sounds rather strange for a 2002 game.

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 05:49 AM

It says:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 12:04 PM

Ah, yes - that means that your (US?) edition of this game features a 16-bit installer (in difference of my Russian version). It won't run in x64 systems without some extra help. You can try an InstallShield wrapper (it can help, but that does not happen in 100% of cases for some reason), or you can install the game in other system (like virtual Windows 98) and then copy the installed game into Windows 7.

Here is the link to InstallShield wrapper, if anyone would like to try smile
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pkMyP2rJ0eUiiiNkzkHb6TP25jUSXV-M
You just install this program - and then autorun the CD. It would either work or not!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 02:27 PM

Thanks for the option, Iurii. Maybe it will work.
Posted By: deleterman

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 03/31/19 07:19 PM

great news , has anyone tried it on windows 7 PC I have one that's 8 years old , it would be great to play this game again. that would be cool.0
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 04/02/19 01:50 AM

It's running on my Win 7 64bit, but it's been installed since Nov. 2013 and I don't remember what I had to do to get it installed. Probably some 32 bit installer similar to that one previously mentioned. I do recall using one on some game(s), but I'm not sure if it was this one.The other Cameron Files game, Secret at Loch Ness, is on Big Fish and is listed as Windows XP/Vista/7/8.

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 04/02/19 03:44 AM

Cameron Files Secret at Loch Ness is also on Steam and plays on Windows 7, and it is on sale right now really cheap.

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 04/02/19 03:51 AM

As far as I know, the Steam version of 'Loch Ness' is not the original game, but a terrible back port from mobile platforms. Like what they did with 'Atlantis II', 'Dracula 3' and many other great games.

Re: the CAMERON FILES- PHARAOH 'S CURSE - 04/02/19 04:01 AM

I played it a few years ago and it seemed okay to me Iurii, though it had been a long time between playing the original disc and the Steam download.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community