GB HOMEPAGE

Clever

Posted By: Geo

Clever - 04/02/19 02:50 PM

I thought this was sort of clever. We all have a little box filled with flash drives near our computer but I think this drawer is much cooler. It fits in an extra bay at the front of the computer where a dvd drive or other device might go and will hold many flash drives.
( https://www.ebay.com/p/Kloud-City-B...T/1265326391?iid=192847256224&chn=ps )
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Clever - 04/02/19 07:24 PM

I put one in my old case about 8 years ago. Handiest thing ever!

Re: Clever - 04/02/19 09:20 PM

Wow 8 years ago. I just saw it yesterday.

Re: Clever - 04/02/19 09:31 PM

I can't even remember where I got it... maybe Cyberguys? I use to order some nifty things from them. I keep my desktop on the floor and I got a roller base from them for it that allows me to easily move it to clean underneath.

I built a gaming computer with my 14 year old grandson in Denver last week and to save a few bucks, we used my old Antec 900 case which is the one with that drawer in it. First thing he did when I showed it to him? Popped in about 4 flash drives! You can also keep CDs in there, but have to be careful not to scratch them.

Re: Clever - 04/02/19 09:50 PM

Best thing I have found for cd's is a thing called a CD/DVD wallet. When music is your life and you have as many music cd's as I do you have to come up with something that makes sense to store them and still make it easy to find one and access it. A wallet does that.
By the way "TOTO" just came out with their new dvd called "TOTO-40 Tours Around the Sun". It is fantastic!!!
Not to be confused with their earlier cd album release called "TOTO-40 Trips Around the Sun"

Re: Clever - 04/02/19 09:54 PM

I've had a couple of those music CD wallets... they are great and keep them nice and safe. I'm working on transferring my music CDs over to a small home server. I put the Plex media manager on my TV and can play them through the Bose speakers there or send them outside to the outdoor speakers by the pool.

Re: Clever - 04/03/19 12:16 AM

I don't really know the difference between a computer and a server.

Re: Clever - 04/03/19 12:21 AM

This is the one I got. I can access it from anywhere, not just here at home.

Western Digital Home Server
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Clever - 04/03/19 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Geo
When music is your life and you have as many music cd's as I do

How many music CDs might that be? I have what I consider to be a fairly large collection myself, and I'm interested in knowing how many you have.

Re: Clever - 04/03/19 08:14 AM

Uncle Reg- I probably have around 100 cd/s and since I don't have any movies but instead I have concert dvd's , I would say that's around another 50.
That is not my major collection though, I also collect old toy trains and that collection is huge. Over 1000 pieces.

Re: Clever - 04/04/19 04:03 AM

100 CDs, I've got more than 100 Johnny Cash CDs. I have a searchable computerized inventory of my CD collection, which currently contains 7394 CDs with 107673 song titles. I also have a collection of over 400 music DVDs.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Clever - 04/04/19 04:26 AM

Whew Uncle Reg. That's a lot!

Re: Clever - 04/04/19 05:14 AM

Oh, my! Uncle Reg, where do you store all your CD's?

Re: Clever - 04/04/19 01:34 PM

Unc Reg is there a certain website where you found a lot of those 400 music dvd's? I know they can be hard to find and some are rare. I had to get some of mine from Japan because I just could not find them anywhere in the US.

Re: Clever - 04/05/19 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Geo
Unc Reg is there a certain website where you found a lot of those 400 music dvd's?

I haven't bought any DVDs recently. I can only remember one in the last 3 years or so. For a long time I used to get most of my CDs and DVDs from a small mail order place in Kansas, but they closed up in Oct. of 2014. Since then I have bought most of my CDs on Amazon.com. If I was looking for a particular DVD, that's where I'd look first. It looks like it would be a good place to just browse too. If you go to Movies & TV, you can select Music Videos & Concerts under Genre, and it says there are over 30000. you can further filter the results by Music Genre.

Re: Clever - 04/06/19 03:45 AM

Draclvr,

I missed your question. After I made my first post, I followed this thread, but I never got an email about your post or oldbroad's post. The only emails I got were for the last 2 posts by Geo. Looks like something's broke.

Re: Clever - 04/06/19 05:07 AM

There have been some hiccups since GB was moved over to the HTTPS server. I suspect that's the problem.

Re: Clever - 04/06/19 05:41 AM

I've never, ever received emails or notifications of posts. Is that something you set up in your profile? I don't care to receive them, just wondering as I've seen this mentioned before.

Re: Clever - 04/06/19 02:16 PM

You can receive notifications of responses to posts by clicking on Thread Options at the top left of the thread and selecting "follow thread."

Re: Clever - 04/06/19 04:16 PM

Oh, thanks Draclvr!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community