GB HOMEPAGE

Steam issue

Posted By: linda333

Steam issue - 05/06/19 07:59 PM

My grandson was using my computer a couple of days ago and now I can't get steam to load at all. It seems as if maybe I need to download the steam app again. I have a couple of their games installed on my computer at this time but even the game icon does nothing. Does anyone know what can cause this issue? Thank you for any input....if I sign in to steam from the internet it takes me to their site and shows who I am but my games/library
aren't there. Also in going back to re-try getting on steam I tried a few other things and internet is fine, getting on Gambeboomers is fine etc. and other bookmarks working. However when I go to shutdown computer
nothing happens. It won't do anything.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Steam issue - 05/06/19 08:57 PM

You can't see your games library from the website. You have to launch the Steam client. So, you may have to redownload that. Check in your programs list and see if Steam is there.

Try clicking on Restart instead of Shutdown and see what happens. What is your operating system? There are some troubleshooting things to try, but let's find out more first.

I don't know how old your grandson is, but it sounds like he may need some strict supervision on Grandma's computer!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Steam issue - 05/06/19 09:22 PM

I have had that happen though I can't remember now why it happened. A restart corrected the problem for me.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Steam issue - 05/07/19 01:02 AM

Got everything up and running again, jut darn luck I think...lol . Thank you for your suggestions.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Steam issue - 05/07/19 01:08 AM

What did you do? Just restart?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community