GB HOMEPAGE

save game devils daughter

Posted By: JDE

save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 02:21 AM

I would like someone to help me with a save game from Frogware.I've done it before the first time I played this game but now I forgot how to do it. I've been trying for some time now.I have the list of save games from Frogware support.Thank you all.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 01:30 PM

So, are you saying you're trying to download a save from Frogwares? If they sent you a list, are any of them actual links to the saved game itself? I can't find a saved games database at Frogwares.
Posted By: Marian

Re: save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 01:46 PM

I think it's probably this.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 02:15 PM

Huh... I looked in their support and didn't find this! I have to leave in a few minutes to do a tour down at the Horse Rescue, but will check to see if there are directions on how to use when I get home.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 02:27 PM

I think JDE is asking how to put the save game into the game.
According to pcgamingwiki at
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes:_The_Devil%27s_Daughter
the save folder is at

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Sherlock Holmes - The Devil's Daughter\

so probably at

C:\Users\your-username\Documents\My Games\Sherlock Holmes - The Devil's Daughter\

So
1. Download the save you want from Frogwares' site.
2. Back up your current saves if you want to keep them.
3. Unzip the save into that folder.
4. Start the game and see if the new save shows up.

Re: save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 02:54 PM

Yes Jenny,that's what I mean.However, I download and I always get a zipped file.I don't know how to unzip it.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 03:50 PM

Windows has had built-in unzipping capability since XP.
If you double-click the zip file, Windows will show you the files inside, though they won't actually be unzipped yet. However if you drag from that window to somewhere else, like the game folder, the files seem to automatically unzip and copy the unzipped file to where you dragged it.

That's probably the quickest way to do it, though it isn't the only way to unzip files.

If you've installed 3rd party software, like 7-zip or WinRAR, double-clicking may open the zip file with that software. I think you can still just drag the files where you want them the same way you would with Windows built-in unzipper.

Alternatively you can right-click the zip file and choose one of the options to "Extract"
The default is usually to extract to the same location as the zip file.

Re: save game devils daughter - 05/29/19 04:58 PM

Thank you very much!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community