GB HOMEPAGE

AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher

Posted By: oldbroad

AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 06:32 AM

What is this and why is it all of a sudden popping up on my computer? I'm assuming it has to do with Outlook but I never saw it until a couple of days ago when it popped up in the left hand corner of my screen and now again today.

It says Windows Security at the very top, then AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher, then Connecting to (my email address). Then there is a box showing my email address and another box that says "password" in it, then a box to check to "remember my credentials, and an OK and a Cancel button. I have cancelled both times and have not put my password in.

I have just googled it and see some stuff I will try to read tomorrow when my eyes are not blurry. It says something about Norton. I would still appreciate your wisdom as I am sure I will not understand it.

Thanks!
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 10:42 AM

Other people have noticed this and a fix has appeared: Go to "Norton Security / Help / Get Support". This runs it selves a Norton AutoFix script, and this identified an issue in the installation. Then the script corrects the issue. The techs here will be able to confirm this as I don't use Norton. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 01:42 PM

This seems to be an old problem with Norton that pops up now and then. Another solution says to go into Norton settings and turn off anti-spam. I hope Upsydaisy's fix works though as that sounds like it would actually repair the problem.

I don't use Norton either, so I can't confirm anything either.

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 04:53 PM

Thanks Upsydaisy and Draclvr! I did some reading and still don't see a "why" it all of a sudden comes up or a "what" the heck it's for but as long as it is not harming my computer, I don't really care I guess.
Posted By: Mad

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 05:02 PM

Well I have used both Norton and Outlook for absolutely years and years and have never encountered what oldbroad - or anyone else - is describing duh

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 05:02 PM

A lot of people are asking "why." Do be sure to run that script in the Norton Support section though.

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 05:33 PM

I found something under Anti Spam settings (in Norton), under Client Integration, Email Clients, Outlook. There is something to click that says "register addin" so I pressed it and it said Register Addin Process Completed. Don't know what this is or means but maybe that's all it needed.

Also, just did that Norton Autofix that Upsydaisy pointed me to and it says there were no issues found, so we shall see!

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 07/28/19 05:43 PM

Let us know if it shows up again.

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 08/04/19 04:14 PM

So far, so good!

Re: AntiSpam OE Hook Launcher - 08/04/19 05:27 PM

Excellent news!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community