GB HOMEPAGE

Malwarebytes update

Posted By: oldbroad

Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 03:22 AM

Anybody else receive an email regarding this? I received an email today introducing Malwarebytes 4.0 with a link "how to update".

The email looks legit but I don't recall ever receiving an email from them before. It usually just pops up in my Malwarebytes app to update.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 03:35 AM

I got the same email, oldbroad. But it was in my spam filter. So I opened up my Malwarebytes and it was also in there. I think this is more than a simple "update," but rather a total remake. I need to check it out further.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 05:09 AM

It is not showing in my Malwarebytes. My Malwarebytes shows updates as current at 3.8.3 (on both Win 7 and Win 10 computers).
Thanks Draclvr.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 02:20 PM

Do you have Malwarebytes Premium... the paid one?

Oh, strange. When I opened up Malwarebytes this morning, it's gone! My version is the same as yours. Last night it not only was showing the new version, but also a browser spam protection for Firefox. When I clicked on it, it took me to the Malwarebytes website. None of it is there either this morning.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 05:42 PM

I was wondering about this also. I see that it is on the Malwarebytes website as well as many other sites.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 06:11 PM

Yes Draclvr, I have Premium.

That does sound strange. I think I will not be doing this update right now for sure.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 06:15 PM

I don't think I will be either... still very odd. I do notice the download version for new subscriptions is 4.0.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 06:18 PM

Well, if somebody goes for the new version, maybe they will post here about it.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 10:19 PM

After reading your *post I was curious and I opened up my Malwarebytes and asked for an Update and then it installed the latest version . Version 4.0.4.49.

So far, all is good with the new version. A different GUI look..

*I did not receive an Email (yet) to update to the latest version.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 10:23 PM

My email went to my spam filter. It just seems odd that there was all this fanfare and then..... nothing.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 10:45 PM

Good to know Starcom. I'm still going to wait until the app prompts me I think.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 11/06/19 11:12 PM

And I was looking at the "Browser Guard" for Firefox and Chrome too. Now, you have to click a link to find it.

I'm doing the same, oldbroad.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 09:48 PM

Has anyone installed this update? I have started getting popups today for the installation of Malwarebytes 4 on my desktop and it is also present if I bring up the program. I looked at the Malwarebytes forum and am confused about some of the changes discussed.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 09:53 PM

I just loaded 4.0.4

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 09:54 PM

I did it yesterday I think. It just looks different.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 10:04 PM

Same here... just looks different.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 10:20 PM

I don't get emails, I just get a pop up on my computer.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 10:26 PM

I got the one email which was quite odd and why I was cautious. I normally just get the popups too.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 10:40 PM

So, it is performing much the same? A few people complained about slowdowns in loading programs. Also something about disabling Defender, though I think that was just if you were a new subscriber.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/03/19 11:19 PM

I waited for the pop up in my app. Seems to be performing the same and no slowdowns that I've noticed. I don't use Defender so I don't know about that. It is harder for me to see when it last scanned though. I think it used to show right up front when you opened the app but now I have to do a couple of clicks to find it.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/04/19 04:33 AM

I didn't get an email, but I did get a popup. I installed it last night. Seems to be working OK.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/04/19 06:07 PM

Malwarebytes is getting pretty aggressive. I got a bunch of popups yesterday, including as I was playing a game and had to exit in order to click it off. First thing this morning and again just now.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/04/19 06:14 PM

Pokey, what are the popups for? I only get one after it does a scan and when there is an update. You can turn off the notifications in the Settings options.

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/04/19 06:34 PM

The pop up for the update did that to me also in my Windows 7 Pokey. I was playing a game and it just minimized the game and started updating before I even said okay! On my Windows 10 it did not do that but maybe that was just a timing thing.

As Draclvr asked, what are the popups for? Is it for the update?

Re: Malwarebytes update - 12/04/19 09:00 PM

Draclvr, thanks. I did turn off the notifications. They were for the update, or the new Version 4.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community