GB HOMEPAGE

Mystery P.I. Lottery Ticket Vegas Heist

Posted By: gillann

Mystery P.I. Lottery Ticket Vegas Heist - 03/06/20 08:59 PM

Purchaed set of games-PopCap Mystery P.I. 3 games, New York Fortune, Lottery Ticket and Vegas Heist. I've played almost all of these games, with no issue. The games installed quickly with no problems. Went to play and was met with a black screen, and frozen cursor arrow in the upper left corner. Have no idea what the problem might be, as I've never had prior problems with the other games in this group.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Mystery P.I. Lottery Ticket Vegas Heist - 03/06/20 11:55 PM

I'm guessing you bought ***this collection*** because it has those three games you mention. Some of the Amazon reviewers say they had problems running the games, or that the only game that worked was New York Fortune and the other two wouldn't start.
One person posted the tech support response they got from Popcap, which gave instructions for playing the game windowed. That might help if this is a problem with the monitor or laptop screen not supporting resolutions as low as what the games use.

Here's a quote of what was said from the Comment by "Dotty" to ***this review***:
"First, you will need to locate the config.txt for the game(s). It is located in the following folder:
Mystery PI The Lottery Ticket C:\Program Files(x86)\PopCap Games\Mystery PI-The Lottery Ticket
Mystery PI The Vegas Heist C:\Program Files (x86)\PopCap Games\Mystery PI-The Vegas Heist
You will open the config.txt file in Notepad, then make the following change:
Change this line: fullscreen=1 to fullscreen=0
Finally, please save the file and launch the game." It goes on to say, "Please note, this change will allow the game to run in Windowed mode only. It is very important that you do not attempt to set the game to Full Screen again, as that will cause the issue to recur. Please do not click the Maximize button on the game window or set the game to Full Screen in the game's Options menu."
© 2024 GameBoomers Community