GB HOMEPAGE

Nick Bounty and the dame with the blue chewed shoe

Posted By: nolalou

Nick Bounty and the dame with the blue chewed shoe - 04/09/20 06:50 PM

Not sure if anyone is playing this yet, but I discovered a problem with the game crashing.
I'm at the part where Nick and his sidekick (I chose the Psychic as his sidekick) are at the victim's sister's house. As this part is completed, the game attempts to load the next part. I get the "Loading ...: screen for a new seconds then the game crashes back to the Windows desktop.

I've tried several times. Rebooted, that didn't help. When the game starts there are some settings you can change, so I tried 'High' graphics quality instead of the default "Very High". That also made no difference. I'm playing on a fairly new laptop with Windows 10 and 8 gig or RAM.

I hope there's a fix , up to now I was enjoying the game.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Nick Bounty and the dame with the blue chewed shoe - 04/09/20 07:00 PM

Even if the laptop is new, that doesn't mean it meets the system requirements. We would need to know what graphics you have. The system requirements are quite low.

Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) or DX11 with feature level 9.3 capabilities.

Have you tried asking at the Steam forums if anyone else is having the same problems?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Nick Bounty and the dame with the blue chewed shoe - 04/09/20 08:28 PM

Is it the same location as discussed here --
https://steamcommunity.com/app/958880/discussions/0/2146469724194080328/

If so, it's a known issue and they're working on it.
Posted By: nolalou

Re: Nick Bounty and the dame with the blue chewed shoe - 04/10/20 06:14 PM

Thanks, that is the spot and the same problem. I wrote to the game developers using an email on found on their web site, and they were kind enough to send me a save game with instructions on installing it. That worked fine, and I'm able to continue.

If anyone else has this problem, write to : markdarin@pinheadgames.com

Louis
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Nick Bounty and the dame with the blue chewed shoe - 04/10/20 06:57 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Louis! Carry on with the game then!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community