GB HOMEPAGE

Windows 10 - uninstall shield message

Posted By: johnnycage

Windows 10 - uninstall shield message - 06/22/20 07:45 PM

I have windows 10 and am trying to install heroes 4 and keep getting the message uninstall shield in use.How do I turn it off?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Windows 10 - uninstall shield message - 06/22/20 08:03 PM

Let's wait and see if the techies have a solution to your issue.

If after following suggestions it still proves to be a problem, you can always get the game here as a download and it has been tweaked to be compatible with Windows 10. The download also includes the two expansions.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Windows 10 - uninstall shield message - 06/22/20 08:18 PM

Sounds like the installer is running in the background. Try opening up your Task Manager - CTRL/ALT/DEL and checking in the processes to see if it's listed. It may even be listed by the name of the game or it many say uninstall shield. If it is listed, click on "End Task."

I found something about user rights. Try right clicking file and selecting Run As Administrator.
Posted By: johnnycage

Re: Windows 10 - uninstall shield message - 06/22/20 10:50 PM

unfortunately it was not listed on the task manager's processes and running administrator did not help.I got the same message error 432 uninstall shield in use
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Windows 10 - uninstall shield message - 06/22/20 11:23 PM

I'm not a techie but when I have a problem I always restart my computer to see if that helps.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Windows 10 - uninstall shield message - 06/22/20 11:47 PM

oldbroad, that usually solves 95% of problems!

johnnycage, here is a more complete list of things to look for in the Task Manager.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...all/5781ee9c-5a51-4f6d-b378-50b4c1f1ccda
© 2024 GameBoomers Community