GB HOMEPAGE

Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition

Posted By: family

Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/14/20 05:05 PM

is giving me a Access Violation i did what their help said, but i still get it, i already email big fish. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy kitty cat penguin dragon burger wavegirl angel USA
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/14/20 05:15 PM

Did you close the game and try starting it again? I get that error now and then and if I close the game and restart it's gone.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/14/20 09:20 PM

i could not get into it.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/14/20 09:50 PM

So, does that mean you closed the game and tried to launch it again?

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/14/20 10:37 PM

yes it keeps doing it.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/15/20 12:57 AM

Did you look in your Task Manager processes to be sure it's still not active? If it's not there, they you'll just have to wait for Big Fish.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/15/20 01:24 AM

not there.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/15/20 01:43 AM

OK. Then you'll just have to wait for Big Fish.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/15/20 02:00 AM

i am.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/18/20 12:05 PM

i gave up, they never got back to me, and i am walking away.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/18/20 01:16 PM

Good idea... not worth the aggravation.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/18/20 01:50 PM

i even email them and told them so, happy now, big fish customer support will not answer me.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/18/20 01:58 PM

Big Fish is going through a big reorganization right now (250 employees were let go, among other changes) and I suspect that is why people are only getting automated responses from Customer Support. Hopefully they will be back to normal pretty soon.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/18/20 02:42 PM

And I notice it's only been 3 days since you first emailed them. Kind of unfair to Big Fish to expect an immediate response. I didn't know about the reorganization there. Since you seem to have this problem an awful lot, I suspect the problem is not with Big Fish anyway.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/18/20 02:47 PM

you guys are right, i guess i am being unfair, the other games work, except julie sweet.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/21/20 01:03 PM

big fish customer support never got back to me, gave up and move on. been a week
.Used to think that then they changed. Have used them for at least10 years and spent hundreds of dollars. Their tech support is horrible and so is their customer service. Totally useless and unable to play any games. Don't waste your time or money on this site. Totally don't care if you fix your problem. No customer loyalty! Shameful!
this on facebook on august 11. people are angry.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/21/20 06:14 PM

As I have said in the past, I have never had any trouble with Customer Support at all.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/21/20 08:24 PM

nor have i, when this is over, they will answer email, i do not when, i think they are wonderful..

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/25/20 10:25 PM

been 11 days gave up and move on, no reply. big fish customer support is not answering their help email right now, i am not waiting, i have no problem with them, but marion they closed their customer support doors, since the layoffs.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/27/20 03:48 PM

i know it is closed, on facebook, it is still on Grim Tales: Heritage is almost here! Find the pendant and uncover a special limited time offer!
Visit our website to start your search, i download the game.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 12:40 AM

Big Fish Games lays off staff, shuts Vancouver office, and closes cloud business

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by family
Big Fish Games lays off staff, shuts Vancouver office, and closes cloud business

That happened in 2013.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:29 AM

why are they not answering their help.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:32 AM

why are they not answering their help.

They are still undergoing this latest transition. I don't know exactly when Customer Support will be fully staffed again.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:45 AM

Apparently they did lay off around 250 employees earlier this month Marian, though that cloud business and Vancouver stuff was in 2013.

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/seattle-based-big-fish-games-lays-off-250-people-read-memo-sent-staff/

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:54 AM

Yes, I know, oldbroad.

In an earlier post in this thread, I said:

Big Fish is going through a big reorganization right now (250 employees were let go, among other changes) and I suspect that is why people are only getting automated responses from Customer Support. Hopefully they will be back to normal pretty soon.

I was just clarifying that the Vancouver and cloud stuff happened in 2013.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:58 AM

Sorry. I did read your earlier post. I guess we're just going in circles now woozy

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 02:03 AM

No problem. But suffice it to say that things at Big Fish are in a state of flux right now and hopefully the Customer Support Department will be back to normal pretty soon.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 11:33 AM

marian is right, they have not answer or reply to our help, it is a mess right now.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 12:04 PM

marian is right, they have not answer or reply to our help, it is a mess right now.

Many businesses are going through hard times right now. I’m sure most of us have other things to occupy our minds rather than focusing on the fact that Big Fish may not be operating as we’ve come to expect. I for one have plenty of good games to play. If I come upon a problem, I can simply start another game while I wait for help. I fairly recently had a problem with a Big Fish game and contacted Customer Support. I received a reply in about 3 days regarding the fact that there might be a delay in getting help. I was sent a code for a free SE or CE game in the interim. As it turned out, I was able to figure out what the problem was. It wasn’t related to the game itself after all.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 12:46 PM

sparkle i made 3 tickets ,sept 14, sept 26, sept 27, no response, nothing, i have not gotten a response since aug 18, and aug 16, and aug 23, when i bought Cooking Stars Collector's Edition.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:26 PM

And that may just be your problem - the reason you aren't getting a response, family. You are coming close to harassing them. There was one game - maybe the Cooking Dash one, can't remember - where you contacted them over and over a couple of dozen times. Yes, they should make your game right, but you should perhaps also consider taking your own advice to yourself and do like Sparkle did. Just move on and play something else and give them some time to work through their own issues. I know they have given you some free game codes in the past, but you also may have been flagged as being a "problem" customer.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 01:45 PM

sparkle i made 3 tickets ,sept 14, sept 26, sept 27, no response, nothing, i have not gotten a response since aug 18, and aug 16, when i bought Cooking Stars Collector's Edition.

Are you saying you sent 3 customer support requests for the same game/problem? I’m sorry that you seem to be having so many issues with Big Fish games. But most of us have not had so many problems. I don’t think there’s much we at GB can do to help.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 02:02 PM

you guys are right, i will do that, but the first one is 14 days, 2nd 2 days, 3rd 1 days, big fish customer service never took that long, it is sept 28.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 09:31 PM

you guys are right, i will do that, but the first one is 14 days, 2nd 2 days, 3rd 1 days, big fish customer service never took that long, it is sept 28.

You have a choice, family. Either, wait for help or move on. Maybe you should consider stopping your Big Fish membership. If you’re not a member, then find another place to get games. Going on here about how unhappy you are with Big Fish Customer Support solves nothing. Marian told you about the layoffs and how this might affect Customer Support services. Copying a complaint that someone else made and saying this means people in general are angry also solves nothing. When I’ve been fed up with the way someone does business, I take my business elsewhere rather than deal with constant aggravation. This being said, I’ve had very few problems dealing with Big Fish and appreciate all the games I’ve been able to enjoy over the years. If things are a bit out of whack right now, at least there’s an explanation. I have to feel bad for those who have lost their jobs. To be blunt, maybe you should be considering that rather than going on about how frustrated you are that your help request hasn’t been answered.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 09:48 PM

you are right, i guess big fish customer service is taken longer to transition, i will wait for them, i guess how long it takes.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 10:59 PM

Just go play something else and forget about it. It's not worth the aggravation to you and it's not like we can do anything about it.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 09/28/20 11:01 PM

you are right .Delayed Response Times

Our response time is currently longer than our typical 24-72 hour wait times. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. To help ensure we are able to address all questions and details in a timely fashion, please avoid submitting multiple new tickets while waiting for a response, as we work on providing assistance as soon as possible. Thanks so much for getting in touch with us. My name is Tim and I'm really glad to be helping today. I want to firstly apologize that it has taken so long for us to get back to you, we've been working hard to get caught up during this busy time, and I'm certainly sorry for this inconvenience.

I'm sorry that you're seeing some errors here, while I’m unable to provide troubleshooting assistance on my end, we do have some specific troubleshooting instructions that may help you out:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I hope that this helps!

Sincerely,

Tim
Tier II Technical Support
www.BigFishGames.com
I'll be around Tues-Sat but i move on.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/16/20 11:02 PM

i email big fish to see if they thought this.
but you also may have been flagged as being a "problem" customer.

problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 12:50 AM

they could not help me, before they email me, some on this site sent me this,, t
you also may have been flagged as being a "problem" customer.
that hurt my feelings, why was it said, sorry if this the wronge place, i was upset. cool wave blackkitty catrub lab puppy kitty cat penguin dragon burger wavegirl angel USA

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 12:57 AM

What that means is that if you are someone who writes to Big Fish multiple times about the same problem within a matter of a few days, that could seem repetitious and unnecessary to Customer Support. They could also possibly misinterpret this as a way to try to get more free game coupons.

I doubt that you have been flagged as a "problem" customer, but doing what I described above could possibly discredit you with Customer Support and they would not necessarily take your questions and issues seriously any longer. Therefore, it's best to write to them once, and once only, about any particular problem. Writing multiple emails to them about the same issue could also potentially confuse things.

Nobody meant to hurt your feelings - they were just trying to give you some good advice.

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 01:12 AM

There was one issue - I don't remember which one - where you told us you contacted Big Fish over 20 times about it in a very short period of time. And recently there was another one where you said you contacted them 3 or 4 times. Like Marian said, no one was trying to hurt your feelings... we're just trying to help you understand that is not going to get your issue resolved. Write once and then let it go. They will get back to you when they can.

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 01:18 AM

thank you guys very much.

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 01:43 PM

The response you received from Big Fish asks you to avoid submitting multiple new tickets for the same problem. This is what Drac and Marian were trying to tell you. I hope you get the answer you want.

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 02:50 PM

thank you guys very much, no they could not help, so i move on.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 03:08 PM

The people at Big Fish who provide tech support are not the developers.
Unless there's a quick and easy solution, like rebooting the computer every 15 minutes while you're playing the game, it's unlikely Big Fish tech support can help.

And yes, there have been some games I've played where regularly exiting the game in order to reboot the computer actually prevented crashes.

In most cases, it's the developer that would have to come up with a solution. That means Big Fish tech support can pass along your message to the developer, but you'll have to wait for the developer to get around to looking at it.

It was so much better when Big Fish had a forum -- not an archived thing -- but an active forum people could post to. You could see if another player had the same problem you were seeing, and whether they managed to solve it.

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 06:28 PM

Sure thing and I'm sorry we weren't able to get things working!

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to in terms of being flagged, but we certainly don't delay any responses and I'm afraid at this time we are extremely backed up, which is the reason why it took us so long to get back to you.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Re: problems with big fish game - 10/17/20 07:00 PM

Sure thing and I'm sorry we weren't able to get things working!

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to in terms of being flagged, but we certainly don't delay any responses and I'm afraid at this time we are extremely backed up, which is the reason why it took us so long to get back to you.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

What’s this all about? Did you e-mail them again?

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/17/20 07:11 PM

I hope not after they asked her to stop doing this.

please avoid submitting multiple new tickets while waiting for a response

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/17/20 08:12 PM

i sent a screenshot, dx and dr felix, report, he sent , Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen, for Access Violation, none work, i had too tell him that, and thank, and ask him that question, in one response, was i suppose to keep quiet.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/17/20 08:22 PM

I wish they could have helped you, but like you say, it's time to move on. I'm sure you have plenty of other games to be played!

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/17/20 08:49 PM

i sent a screenshot, dx and dr felix, report, he sent , Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen, for Access Violation, none work, i had too tell him that, and thank, and ask him that question, in one response, was i suppose to keep quiet.

Don’t know. It’s all pretty confusing at this point.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/17/20 10:12 PM

i got an Access Violation error, kick me back to desktop, took a screenshot, rran dx and dr felix, sent it to them, got Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen, nothing worked, email them back to tell them nothing work,, ask was i but you also may have been flagged as being a "problem" customer, and thank them, thank them again and moving on.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/18/20 02:51 PM

Have you tried shutting off your antivirus program?

Found this by googling Access Violation error. An access violation is a non-specific error that occurs while installing, loading, or playing a game. This error can be caused by the following: an interfering software program (usually an antivirus application), an outdated video card driver, or an outdated version of DirectX.

Look at this link
link

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/18/20 03:05 PM

i will try it, still get error access at 0x02E0050{tried to read from oxFFFFFFFF} program terminated.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/18/20 06:02 PM

Good catch, Winfrey. Since family seems to have more trouble than others, anmoutdated video card driver and/or DirectX might be the culprits.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/18/20 06:27 PM

An access violation error usually means you have to right-click and Run the game As Administrator.
Don't use the Big Fish shortcut for it.
The game shortcut that Big Fish puts on your desktop only points to the Game Client, not the actual game.
Make your own shortcut pointing directly to the game exe and right-click that, or dive into the game folder and right-click the game exe itself to Run As Administrator.

I've done quite well with 11-year old drivers -- the drivers that were made for my actual card and not for a newer card with different capabilities.
I've never in 30 years had any game where "updating the drivers" improved anything, though I've had games stop working entirely after updating the drivers.
I think even the new Big Fish games still use DirectX 9.0c.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/18/20 06:31 PM

thank you very much, and juile sweet The game won't run for me at all. I can open it, but it crashes on the loading screen, stupid me bought it, i thought they fix it.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/19/20 12:39 AM

Have you tried going into the game folder finding the .exe file right clicking on it and running it as administrator?

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/19/20 01:13 AM

same thing, still get, error access at 0x02E0050{tried to read from oxFFFFFFFF} program terminated. gave up move on, both gamees are macs, i have a pc.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 11:52 AM

same thing, still get, error access at 0x02E0050{tried to read from oxFFFFFFFF} program terminated. gave up move on, both gamees are macs, i have a pc.

Did you know the games were Mac games all along? That would surely explain your problem.

ETA: I checked the Big Fish website and there is a PC version. 🤷‍♀️

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 02:19 PM

WHAT?!! Do you mean you downloaded a Mac game although you have a PC? Big Fish has both a Mac version and a PC version. If you downloaded the wrong one, the game will never play on your PC!

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 03:02 PM

Big Fish might let you swap the Mac versions for the PC versions.
Tell them you mistakenly bought Mac versions when you have a PC with Windows.
You need to watch what you're buying though.
They won't continue to accommodate this kind of mistake, though they might do it once.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 03:59 PM

Yes. There are seperate pages for ordering PC or Mac. As Jenny said, check to make sure you’re buying from the PC page. At the top of the home page, choose “Ways to Play”, then choose PC. Again when you get to the page where you order the game, make sure it says PC under the name of the game in the upper left side of the page. Hope this helps.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 06:27 PM

no both pc and mac are mac. loved it, but had trouble with jellyroll, you had to click on the jellyroll, then the knife, people had short fuse. julie sweet, no save folder.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 06:47 PM

What are you talking about, family? You said your Heart's Medicine game was a Mac version, but you have a PC. A MAC version will not play on a PC. What does "both pc and mac are mac" mean? Then can't be the same.

What in the world does jellyroll, a knife, a short fuse and Julie Sweet have to do with Heart's Medicine?

You are totally confusing me.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 06:56 PM

the people of big fish, mistaken put mac version for both.. jullie sweet is suppose to be pc, they mistaken put a mac.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 07:01 PM

You still aren't making sense. Big Fish put Mac version where? Julie's Sweets is NOT available in a Mac version... it is only available as a PC version. But we're not talking about Julie's Sweets. We're talking about Heart's Medicine. You just told us you have the Mac version of that game. Which means you downloaded the wrong version and of course, it won't play on a PC.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 07:02 PM

That doesn't make any sense to me, family. I got Julie's Sweets the day it was released, and it was the PC version that I downloaded and played. And it has always run perfectly.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 07:04 PM

I did a search in the Mac games and Julie's Sweets is not available in a Mac version. But Heart's Medicine IS available in both PC and Mac versions.

You've got to help us out here, family!! We're trying to help you figure this out about Heart's Medicine, not Julie's Sweets. You just told us you have the Mac version which would expalin why it won't work on your PC.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 07:24 PM

Is this a hard copy CD or DVD version with both PC and Mac versions of the games on the same disc?
Big Fish can't help with the old hard copy versions.
They only support the modern versions of games that you download from their website.

A PC/Mac hybrid disc should work on PC -- as long as you have XP.
Anything newer than XP and you'll likely have problems at some point.
The presence of the Mac version on the disc won't make a difference because PC's don't normally even see Mac files.

However, a disc that's old enough that it has both PC and Mac versions is going to be a really old version. It would be VERY old stock. You rarely see a PC/Mac disc any more, even in bargain bins. Since current versions of Windows are so much more restrictive than they used to be, the games have to be updated so they don't produce problems like access violations and failure to save. That's why you should buy downloads from Big Fish instead of old disc versions -- at least if you're using a modern computer and not an old one with XP.

If you buy an 8-year-old or 10-year-old disc version, it will not automatically become a 2020 version of the game just because of when you bought it. It will still be an 8-year-old or 10-year-old version, and there will be no technical support offered from Big Fish (or whatever company published the disc).

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 07:36 PM

i download pc again, but jullie sweet save folder disappear. https://www.gameboomers.com/forum/u...es-sweets-new-tm-on-big-fish#Post1188155, i still say the big fish worker put a mac for both.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 07:42 PM

And Julie's Sweets IS NOT AVAILABLE in a Mac version. But this thread is not about Julie's Sweets, so let's keep this about the Heart's Medicine game. So did you download the PC version of this game?

MAC games and PC games at Big Fish are in two different places. You can't download a MAC version unless you go to the MAC page. You can't download a PC version unless you go to the PC page.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 08:53 PM

And what do you mean by the save folder disappearing?
Normally you never see the save folder in these games, so how do you know it disappeared?
It is not put inside the game folder in modern games the way it was in 1990's games.
It's usually hidden in some sub-folder of the AppData folder, but can also hide in other places.

If Windows is blocking the save folder from being created, or preventing saves from being created, you have to Run the game As Administrator so the game has permissions to create saves.

Originally Posted by Draclvr
You can't download a MAC version unless you go to the MAC page.

If you bought the game there is more than one place to download it, not just the Mac page.
However all downloads will use the Big Fish Client to install, and I don't think the Big Fish client will install a Mac version on a PC, so I don't know what happened here.

The only place I see Mac versions of the two games are on download sites that specialize in Mac games. I'm not finding them on the Big Fish website.

Which is why I wondered if family was using old disc versions again -- especially since some of them can contain both PC and Mac versions on the same disc. Here is an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Case-Files-Dire-Grove-Collectors/dp/B00337WN34/qid=1603227105

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 08:54 PM

yes, same thing.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 09:12 PM

Good point, Jenny. I'm not sure but I think these are fairly new games and she kept mentioning downloading.

I keep trying to have family say whether she downloaded the Mac version of the Heart's Medicine game, but she won't answer. First she said she has the MAC version and now she's talking about a completely different game which is NOT available as a MAC version on the Big Fish website. Heart's Medicine is available in both the MAC page of Big Fish and in the PC page of Big Fish.

I think I give up for lack of answers and changing the game being discussed.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 09:26 PM

Family is talking about games that she has downloaded.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 10:11 PM

So family, you think Big Fish made a mistake and even if choose a PC version of “Heart’s Medicine” , you’ll get a Mac? Did Big Fish tell you this or is this what you think happened. Which game? Marian days she downloaded “Julie’s Sweets“ (a PC game) and it works fine on her PC. If it was a Mac version, it wouldn’t work. Have you tried uninstalling “Heart’s Medicine” and tried downloading the PC version? Perhaps the problem is that you don’t understand that Big Fish offers some games in either PC or Mac versions. You have to choose which one you want to downloaf. If “Heart’s Medicine” is available for download to eithet PC or Mac, YOU have you have to choose. Big Fish doesn’t have a way of knowing which computer you’re using.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 10:12 PM

i download the pc, went to desktop icon, and got error access at 0x02E0050{tried to read from oxFFFFFFFF} program terminated..

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 10:27 PM

So the story changes again... this is why I give up.

gave up move on, both gamees are macs, i have a pc.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 10:41 PM

i am moving on, and giving up.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 10:47 PM

family, I just loaded the PC demo to my Windows 10 PC. It works fine.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 10:56 PM

family, just some advice for the future. We really, really want to help you with your games. Just look at the number of people on this thread that have tried! But when you give us one story one time and another story the next time, the target keeps moving around and we get frustrated because you don't give us the information we ask for - sometimes over and over. ALWAYS come here and ask, but please, please give us the clearest information you can when we ask you questions. Saying different things from one post to the next and accusing Big Fish staff of doing things they didn't do is not going to help us help you.

That being said, I'm sure you have a ton of other games to play, so just go have fun with something that works! After all, that's what gaming is about!

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sparkle
Big Fish doesn’t have a way of knowing which computer you’re using.

Actually they do. When you use a web browser it will reveal all sorts of information about your computer -- your operating system and version, your browser and what version it is, your desktop resolution, and many other things besides. It's completely normal for Big Fish to be able to tell what type of computer you're using and whether it runs Windows or Mac or something else. Big Fish tries to warn people who might be buying the wrong version by mistake.

Whenever I purchase a Windows game at Big Fish using a non-Windows computer, their checkout system throws up a big warning saying THIS GAME WILL NOT WORK ON YOUR COMPUTER!

Of course after purchasing the game I download it using the Windows computer, and it works just fine.
Big Fish is assuming I want to run the game on the same computer I'm purchasing the game with, which is not true in my case. Most people probably only have one computer, or one operating system on the computer they do have.

But that's the reason for the warning -- some people mistakenly try to purchase Windows games when they're using a Mac, and vice versa. It's happened often enough that Big Fish started using the warning.

If it was a Mac version, it wouldn’t work.

If it was a Mac version, it wouldn't even install, let alone work.
There would be no error message, no shortcut on the desktop or in the Game Client, no nothing.
If you looked at your purchased games in the Big Fish Game Client, there would probably be a comment right in the Game Client that you wouldn't be able to install the Mac games.

I have a handful of Mac games from Big Fish from back when I was using a Mac as my main computer. The Mac Games are listed in the Game Client alongside my purchased PC games, and the Mac games all have a note beside the listings saying they can't be installed on the PC.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 11:11 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Jenny. Would you then say that if the PC version works fine on my Windows 10 computer that it’s unlikely that Big Fish mistakenly listed a Mac game as a PC game as family has suggested. Is this a plausible reason for why she can’t get the game to work?

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 11:24 PM

i even tried https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230884968-Access-Violation, nothing.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/20/20 11:25 PM

family, make sure you read my post above Jenny's. You've made it very difficult to help you, so I've given you some tips for the future.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/21/20 12:07 AM

thank you drac.

Re: Heart's Medicine: Doctor's Oath Collector's Edition - 10/21/20 12:08 AM

Thanks for the clarification, Jenny. Would you then say that if the PC version works fine on my Windows 10 computer that it’s unlikely that Big Fish mistakenly listed a Mac game as a PC game as family has suggested. Is this a plausible reason for why she can’t get the game to work?

I don't think Family has Mac versions of the games.

The Game Manager won't install Mac versions on a PC.
Whatever Family has, it did install something -- and that something gives her an error message that looks like a Windows error message.
Although you'll occasionally see error messages on a Mac, they don't look like Windows error messages.
So it looks to me like Family has a Windows game that isn't working on her computer.

Would you then say that if the PC version works fine on my Windows 10 computer that it’s unlikely that Big Fish mistakenly listed a Mac game as a PC game as family has suggested.

There are any number of reasons why the Windows version of a game might work on your computer and not on Family's computer. But like Draclvr, I don't know what to suggest at this point.

I checked the download for Heart's Medicine for PC at Big Fish, and it is an .exe file, as it's supposed to be. The download for the Mac version is a .tar.gz file, which is a type of compressed file. If you're curious, you can download the .tar.gz to your computer and open it using something like 7-zip, and you'll see it has a lot of Mac-related files and folders inside. You can't do much with it besides look at the contents though -- not unless you're using a Mac.
Anyway, there's nothing wrong with Big Fish's download link for the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community