GB HOMEPAGE

Please Help!

Posted By: NDLVR

Please Help! - 01/21/21 10:22 PM

I love the two HOG games for Murder She Wrote, but suddenly the second one WON'T load. (these are installable PC games). When I try to load I get this:
https://i.ibb.co/jz2Pwnq/MSW2.png
Posted By: Marian

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 12:51 AM

Hi, since you are describing a technical problem, I have moved your post over to Glitches.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 05:23 AM

NDLVR, where have you downloaded this game from?

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 06:46 AM

honestly, I don't remember. I know at one time Big Fish had it on their site (I've used their walkthrough) but It's not on the site anymore. I've had it quite a few years and haven't had this issue until now. I've had the install file on a flash drive, so I don't remember where I downloaded it from

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 04:19 PM

Can you open the flash drive and look at what's on there? Assuming the game is there, what do you see if you right click and select opin. When you say it won't load, do you mean you already installed the game and when you try to launch it, it gives you this graphic?

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 10:18 PM

the game will install, but when I try loading it to play the above screencap is what I get
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 10:33 PM

That is the weirdest screencap I have ever seen and I have seen many game SC in my days. Draclvr, Jenny100 ..... Can you please tell me what this mean? I am very curious to know what this is and to add it to my Computer knowledge list. Thanks

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 10:56 PM

I have been searching for this image for at least an hour and I can't find a thing. Doesn't ring a bell at all.

I'm wondering if this game still needed to "call home" to the website you downloaded it from in order to activate and is no longer able to.

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 11:11 PM

I was wondering if it was flash related since the symbol looks like flash, and this was the first time since flash was discontinued that I tried to load the game

Re: Please Help! - 01/22/21 11:59 PM

I think you might be right. It isn't exactly the same with the i, but the f is the same as the Adobe flash logo. I've been searching on "logos using the lower case f" with no luck.

Re: Please Help! - 01/23/21 12:33 AM

it looked too oddly familiar with Macromedia's flash symbol from before Adobe took it over. the i part of it made me think info, but clicking didn't do anything. I loved the stories that were in that game (and luckily I had done a video walkthrough, so I can still watch it).

Thank you so much for trying to help, I appreciate it smile

Re: Please Help! - 01/23/21 01:16 AM

Ah, well! We tried!
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Please Help! - 01/23/21 06:51 AM

That lower case f is the old flash symbol. Maybe this site could help....

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/fla...to-download-flash-games-to-play-forever/

You would probably have to request adding the game to their list.
Posted By: lakerz

Re: Please Help! - 01/25/21 02:50 AM

Huh, this is indeed a weird tech issue. Is it possible to try reinstalling flash briefly just to see if that would do the trick? I never thought uninstalling flash would lead to issues running PC cd/DVD games or HOG games just the online flash games.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Please Help! - 01/25/21 02:55 AM

I had uninstalled Flash and then ran across a different casual game that required it. I tried to reinstall Flash and it appeared to do so, but the game still said it needed Flash so I guess it either did not really install or it just doesn't work anymore. (Flash - the game works in an older computer that still has Flash and is not online ever). I tried the reinstall with both a disc and download of same game series. I can play the disc in the older computer but will not be able to play the download.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community