GB HOMEPAGE

Speccy

Posted By: Mad

Speccy - 05/25/21 06:37 PM

Hi.

I have Speccy installed on my Win10 machine now but when I launch it, I am asked :

"Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?"

This has never happened before. On my other machines, when I launch it, I am just shown the components and temperatures, etc..

So any advice available for me, please think
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Speccy - 05/25/21 06:47 PM

I'm pretty sure I have that on my Win 7 (not booted up so can't check it) and that it always asked me that just like Core Temp does. It has not been an issue for me.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Speccy - 05/25/21 07:37 PM

Speccy is invaluable to me. Windows 10 will always ask you if you want to "make changes to your device" when running a program. Windows 7 does it too. Just answer yes and continue on.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Speccy - 05/25/21 07:59 PM

Thank you both !! thumbsup

I am always rather nervous of clicking "yes" to anything that asks if it can alter things ....

However, after you said you had done so without any lethal consequences, oldbroad, I went ahead and followed suit lol

Re: Speccy - 05/25/21 08:47 PM

I certainly understand THAT feeling Mad! I really thought I had Speccy on my Win 10 machine but don't see it.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Speccy - 05/25/21 09:32 PM

Hi Mad and Gameboomers,

I do not get that Warning with Speccy on my Win10, here is what you can do as I did to get rid of it, Very easy to do:

1) Open Speccy, Click on the "View" tab, then click on "Options" and then Click on the "General" tab if not already defaulted to that tab.
2) Then under the word "Advanced" put a Checkmark in the box "Skip User Account Control Warning" Click OK and you should no longer get that annoying Warning screen.

Note: If that did not work, Right Click on your Speccy Icon and Choose "Run as Administrator" and Repeat the above steps and you should be good to go.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Speccy - 05/25/21 09:57 PM

Oldbroad, Speccy is a free program you download. It comes from the same people who make CCleaner.

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

Re: Speccy - 05/25/21 10:39 PM

Yes, I know. Thanks. I'm sure I have it on Win7 but thought I also had it on Win10.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Speccy - 05/29/21 10:03 PM

yes just accept what its saying
© 2024 GameBoomers Community