GB HOMEPAGE

Windows 7 laptop sound

Posted By: petert

Windows 7 laptop sound - 09/14/21 12:58 PM

I have recently resuscitated my Windows 7 laptop, and have found that the sound has dropped away to become virtualy inaudible.
I ran dxdiag, which tells me that the sound is working normally, but it obviously isn't.

There must be a way of getting the sound back to normal, but cannot figure out how to do it.

I would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

The computer is no longer connected to the internet, by the way.

petert
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Windows 7 laptop sound - 09/14/21 01:50 PM

Can I assume you've tried to turn the sound up in the options? Locate the sound icon on the lower right and right click it. Select Volume Control Options. It could also be your internal speakers... Have you tried plugging headphones or earbuds into the sound port?

Re: Windows 7 laptop sound - 09/14/21 02:45 PM

Thanks, Draclvr.
I knew there was a simple way to do it, but both of my brain cells had forgotten about the sound icon.

petert

Re: Windows 7 laptop sound - 09/14/21 03:33 PM

So, did it work?

Re: Windows 7 laptop sound - 09/14/21 04:56 PM

Certainly did!

Thanks again.

petert

(By the way, my tomatoes all had blight, and had to be thrown away.

Ah - the joys of gardening)
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Windows 7 laptop sound - 09/14/21 05:17 PM

petert - I have had the same problem "fixing" my sound! yes

Re: Windows 7 laptop sound - 09/14/21 05:41 PM

Great with the sound! We get a couple of blights here, but the once called early blight starts on the leaves at the bottom of the plant and then moves up, killing the plant. I hate to do it, but I have to spray with a fungicide 3 times to control it. Once they start getting ripe, I have to stop spraying. Then, the plant just slowly dies, but they usually hang on until late September, so I'm still getting lots of tomatoes.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community