GB HOMEPAGE

Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time?

Posted By: Pokey

Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/08/21 06:43 PM

In control panel, Malwarebytes is listed as running in real time and below that it states that Defender can be run as a scheduled scan. It seems like both can't be run in real time.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/08/21 07:23 PM

You can find some information about this here. Check out the section that talks about "side by side" mode.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/08/21 08:23 PM

HI Pokey
Both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender can be run in Real time, I have Malwarebytes Pro and Win 10 Defender running in Real time for the past 3 years and I have never ever had any problems.

Forgot to mention that my Wife also has Malwarebytes Pro and Win 10 running at the same for the same 3 year period and she never ever had any problems.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/09/21 12:59 AM

I have run them in real time together for several years.

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/09/21 01:06 AM

Thanks for the help. Did anyone do the exclusions suggested?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/09/21 02:55 AM

I didn't.

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/09/21 03:06 AM

That helps. I was thinking I would not for the time being. Do you also run a scheduled scan with Defender, same as Malwarebytes?
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/09/21 04:03 AM

Did anyone do the exclusions suggested?

just like Draclvr I did not run the exclusions.
I just let Defender run it's scheduled task on it's own just like Malwarebytes, it is for some of us, best not to run them at the same time as it could slow down one's system.

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/09/21 11:55 PM

I have Defender set to run in real time but I can't find where to set a scheduled scan.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Can I run both Malwarebytes Pro and Defender in real time? - 10/13/21 10:12 PM

Pokey, I found this. Maybe that will help.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community