GB HOMEPAGE

New driver or updated driver

Posted By: linda333

New driver or updated driver - 10/13/21 05:04 PM

I was interested in playing the game The Medium and decided I should check to see if my computer will run this game. So I went to the site Can I run it and checked my computer. It says my drivers have not been updated for some time and I only have the least requirements to play this game. How do I go about updating my drivers? Can I do this for free or do I need to take my computer into a computer shop to have this done? Thank you for your help I don't fully understand the method to do this. I bought a new (gaming) computer about 2 - 3 years ago so I am a bit confused about needing an update.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: New driver or updated driver - 10/13/21 05:32 PM

I wish it had said which components needed driver updates! What brand and model is your computer and I'll see if the manufacturer has driver updates for it?
Posted By: linda333

Re: New driver or updated driver - 10/13/21 06:00 PM

Hi it says graphics driver and offers a website to update the driver free of cost.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: New driver or updated driver - 10/13/21 07:55 PM

Hi linda333, DON'T update your Drivers via that way, Supply the information that Draclvr asked you for and let her get the help you need, much safer that way, I trust Draclvr more than I trust almost anyone else.

Re: New driver or updated driver - 10/13/21 09:20 PM

NOPE! Never download from any place but the manufacturer. Thank you, Starcom!

Linda has contacted me via email and I sent her the links to the proper places to get drivers for her computer.

Re: New driver or updated driver - 10/14/21 02:40 AM

We're still working on it! Linda did get updated drivers for her Nvidia GTX 1060. Can I Run It is still not happy, but the graphics requirements for this game include the GTX 1060 in the minimum requirements, so I don't think she'll have any issues playing it. At the worst, she may have to reduce some graphics options.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: New driver or updated driver - 10/14/21 04:18 AM

Great work Draclvr, I had no doubt you would fix it. And Linda, I hope you enjoy the game, let us know how it goes.

Re: New driver or updated driver - 10/14/21 04:38 AM

You're too kind, Starcom! Hopefully we have it all figured out for Linda.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community