GB HOMEPAGE

Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it

Posted By: hagatha

Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/17/21 05:00 PM

THis really gets on my nerves. My keyboard frequently starts typing incorrect symbols. Typically, it will be French punctuation like รจ instead of the apostrophe.

I have checked under Settings, and the Sticky Keys option is turned off, or not enabled. I was hoping I could simply set my keyboard to NEVER use sticky keys, but that is obviously already how it is set.

I know that there is a SHORT fix for this, a few keystrokes, that I have found previously that corrected this issue easily, but I have not been able to find it this time.

Any help aappreciated.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/17/21 05:11 PM

I'll check more later when I have more time, but in the meantime, try these fixes!

https://www.minitool.com/news/keyboard-typing-wrong-letters.html

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/18/21 04:36 AM

Thanks.

Neither of those worked, but then all of a sudden my keyboard is back to normal. This isn't the first time this has happened lately. I suspect it is somthing to do with Sticky Kyes simply because I'm using my keyboard to play my games, and that Shift key gets hit mutliple times in short order.

It's odd, and annoying, and it just goes to show you how often you really need that apostrophe, unless you want to sound oddly formal all the time.

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/18/21 05:40 AM

I suspect you are correct. Have you ever considered connecting a nice Bluetooth gaming keyboard?
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/18/21 05:56 AM

Hi hagatha, when you when to Sticky Keys did you also Remove the Check mark from the line from the Settings:

Allow the shortcut key to start Sticky Keys

Press the Shift key five times to turn Sticky Keys on or off.

So if you did not remove the check mark this is what might have happened to you.

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/18/21 03:22 PM

Good point, Starcom!
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/18/21 10:49 PM

Thanks Draclvr, hopefully this solves hagatha's problem if that is what Hagatha was missing.

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/19/21 05:00 AM

Hey, thanks, Starcom. I'll give that a shot.

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/20/21 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Draclvr
I suspect you are correct. Have you ever considered connecting a nice Bluetooth gaming keyboard?

I woulldn't have room for it. I have my laptop on the top of a wooden bar top between our kitchen and living area, and it's only about 18" wide.

Speaking of my laptop, I still have yet to find a game that doesn't run beautifully on it.

Re: Keyboard problem - not sticky keys...or is it - 12/20/21 03:46 PM

And I doubt you will find a game that won't run great for a long time into the future!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community