GB HOMEPAGE

Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls

Posted By: Reenie

Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/18/22 11:13 PM

I am replaying this game, purchased in 2016. I am running Win10, and for some reason, I cannot adjust the size of the image on my monitor. There are only two screen size choices offered in the game stats. One size is too large (so I can't see the Inventory Bar nor access the game controls) and the other is too small (reduced to half the screen size) to allow ease of play.

I am not a computer whiz by any stretch, so can someone tell me if there a way to fix this ~ or is it a deal breaker? Thx!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/19/22 12:08 AM

I don't know if this is helpful at all or not but I played this game on my Win10 computer at full screen which is the only option I see in the game (a box to check or not for full screen). My screen resolution is 1920 X 1080.

Re: Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/19/22 05:31 PM

I have an HP Envy 35" screen and my screen resolution is 2560 x 1400, so maybe that is the problem? I tried to go with the "Compatability Mode" route but the game doesn't support that function.

It seems odd that I played this game just a few years ago and it was fine. Maybe I didn't have my Envy then? Another case wherein envy is a negative. :-)
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/19/22 05:46 PM

Can you change the screen resolution by right clicking on your desktop and clicking display settings?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/19/22 05:50 PM

Sorry, Reenie, I was busy with an open house all day yesterday. Oldbroad, THANK YOU for stepping up here! I was going to ask your screen resolution, Reenie, but you've already provided it. I agree with oldbroad... you are going to have issues with a game that was never meant to play on a modern screen this large. I would also suggest changing the screen resolution - I would start with what oldbroad has and see what happens.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/19/22 09:05 PM

Yes, I would suggest lowering the resolution and then the game should scale correctly - and I too would start with oldbroad's screen resolution.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/20/22 01:42 AM

And let us know if it works, Reenie!

Re: Curse of Twilight: Thief of Souls - 06/21/22 05:27 AM

Thanks, everyone. I will give it a try and let you know how it turns out, but if the game wanders into the sloppy/blurry zone because of artificially enlarging it, I probably won't play it. I have hundreds of other games I can play. wink
© 2024 GameBoomers Community