GB HOMEPAGE

Agon The Mysterious Codex

Posted By: o1alien

Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:06 PM

Good afternoon, it has been a very long time since I have been on this site. I love Gameboomers, so glad you are still here. I am trying to replay Agon The Mysterious Codex but before I start it is asking for a code. I know this game is very old. I am just hoping that someone will be able to help me with this.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Eileen
Posted By: Marian

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:14 PM

I moved your post over to Glitches since this is a question of a technical nature.

Are you installing from a CD and did the game come with a manual? If so, the code should be included with it.

It's nice to see you posting, and I hope all is well. smile

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:16 PM

Much appreciated. smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:16 PM

Are you installing from a disk? Or from a download? If it's a download, have you tried just hitting the "enter" key? I have a couple of downloads which still have that old key code screen, but you can just bypass by hitting enter.

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:18 PM

I have the disk but do not have the paperwork that came with it which had the key code on it. I looked on the program file within the game it doesn't have the code there either.

Eileen

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:21 PM

Unfortunately, if it's a disk and you don't have the key code, I don't think you can play it unless you can find a reputable NoCD download for it.

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:25 PM

Yes, that code is required for installation of the game.

The simplest solution that I can think of is to buy the download of the game here from Steam. It is on sale right now for only 99 cents.

Have you purchased anything from Steam in the past?

Oh, and your last post here on GameBoomers was in July 2019. smile

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:26 PM

Purchasing the download from Steam was going to be my next suggestion! I didn't notice that excellent sale though...

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:28 PM

Thank you for your help and quick response.

Eileen

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:32 PM

You are welcome, Eileen. smile

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:33 PM

Thank you Marian. I do belong to Steam. I just had a new laptop built for gaming with an extra outside hard drive that I download my games to from my old discs. Thank you for the heads up on the sale. The game is already downloaded from the disc, still searching the internet for an answer or better yet I should look in the plastic tub I have all my old games in and see if the insert for Agon is in there. LOL I did try to replay a game in 2019 and still can't get by the spot I was in so it went back into the bin.

I appreciate everyone's replies.

Eileen

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 06:43 PM

How nice to have a new laptop for gaming! I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I'm sure you will. happydance

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 07:34 PM

Nothing better than a shiny new gaming laptop! If the game is already installed from the disc, you will need to uninstall it before you can use a download of the game from Steam. Bottom line is, no Key, no game for a disc! Good luck with that search in the plastic tub! I lost an insert with the key on it for one of my favorites and nearly tore my desk and shelves apart looking for it!
Posted By: Orion

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 09:29 PM

It is on Steam and on sale for a buck

AGON - The Mysterious Codex (Trilogy)

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 10:39 PM

Thanks, Orion. I already mentioned this in a previous post in this thread. It certainly is a great deal. wave

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/20/22 11:05 PM

Thank you Draclvr! Yes I am excited about my new laptop. YAAAAAY. Thank you for the info about uninstalling before buying the game from Steam. Thank you also Orion for your reply.

Eileen
Posted By: Orion

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/21/22 10:34 AM

Your welcome Eileen....So did you get the game from Steam to avoid your issue

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/21/22 09:50 PM

No not yet. I haven't checked the bin yet to see if Agon insert is there. LOL

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/24/22 09:29 PM

I found the Agon insert and got the code.....Yaaaaaay now I get to replay it. Thank you everyone.

Eileen

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/24/22 09:34 PM

That's great news, Eileen! Have fun with the game. rah

Re: Agon The Mysterious Codex - 07/24/22 10:05 PM

Excellent, Eileen! Have fun!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community