GB HOMEPAGE

DVD won't Play

Posted By: Barry

DVD won't Play - 09/30/22 02:32 AM

Hi all,

MY LG-GP65NB60 CD/DVD Burner shows in System information and will open and close to put in a disk, however it won't play the disk. It's like it's paralyzed. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Barry

FYI Windows 10 Pro 64
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: DVD won't Play - 09/30/22 03:12 AM

Have you tried opening up the CD/DVD drive to see if the disk show up there? Click on File Explorer and then right click on the drive. Does the disk show there? Have you tried a different disk?
Posted By: Barry

Re: DVD won't Play - 10/03/22 03:02 AM

Hi Draclvr,

None of the disks I've tried have shown up. As I've mentioned before they show up in System Information but not in Disk Managements and they won't play.

Regards,

Barry
Posted By: Starcom

Re: DVD won't Play - 10/03/22 03:30 AM

Hi Barry, you could try one of these 2 sites for fixes, if these do not help there are many other sites you could try, Good luck:

https://windowsreport.com/fix-lg-dvd-player-issues/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ont/31154305-c640-40ef-a087-74eedff05611
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: DVD won't Play - 10/03/22 02:03 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by System Information. Please clarify as System information is only found by right clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left. It provides you with your Processor, RAM, Windows version etc. So, what are you clicking on to "see" the disks? Are you saying when you open up File Explorer and look at the Devices and Drives, it is listed there?

I also need to know what you mean by Disk Management. Disk Management is available to allow you to partition your drives, not to see what is in an optical disk/DVD player. So what are you clicking on where they are not showing up?

And one more question - are these game disks, music disks or disks you have burned something to?

I think I know where to point you, but since I'm not sure what you mean here, I've got to be sure I am understanding it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community