GB HOMEPAGE

Somerville Crash Issue

Posted By: Orion

Somerville Crash Issue - 11/17/22 07:19 PM

I purchased Somerville yesterday. It did not take long for me to run into an issue, a serious one that I just can't get past. I started a Thread on this issue over on the Somerville Discussons Board. The game crashes to the desktop at the same spot evey time giving me this error message:

Somerville - Unity 2020.3.36f1_71f96b79b9f0

Having started this conversation on Adventure Game Discussions Ana has suggested that I might need to update Unity. Is this an update I can go after or is this a Dev issue. I do not know. I know if there are any updates to a game usually that update is auto downloaded when game is started up. There does not seem to be any updates from the Dev yet

Is there anything I can do?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/17/22 08:28 PM

Since this is a newly released game, there isn't a whole lot to offer down here in the tech forum. This is the place to put glitches and it will be good to have a thread down here to keep track of any fixes that may be released by the Dev or any suggestions on the Summerville Board. Let's keep it updated here.

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/17/22 08:40 PM

Sounds great Drac...Thank you

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/18/22 09:15 PM

Some hope finally?? I guess the dev's are out there

Update

Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/18/22 09:21 PM

I hope you get to play the game Orion!

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/19/22 01:49 AM

Keep us posted, Orion!

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/22/22 06:16 PM

The Developers are working with me via email. I sent my system info and explained my issue, what happens and when, along with that error message I get. My system info is good. They have tried to reproduce that crash to no avail. They want me to send them a video of what is going on before and up to the crash so they can see if they notice anything that might be causing the crash.

How do I do this? I don't think it would be by phone video although I can give it a try if nothing else. Is there some software out there that these video reviewers / walkthrough'ers use to record their sessions. I would think that would be the way to go but I am clueless here. Does Windows 10 already have a program loaded to record something like this. I will take a look but wanted to get this to you

This crash happens roughly around 10:15 into the vid when we start down the outside stairs. Start the vid at 9:45. There are no spoilers between these times

Video

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/22/22 06:30 PM

Some video cards have recording capabilities. What card do you have? You have to pay for most software, but there may be free ones out there that are not spammy.

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/22/22 07:20 PM

I did an internet search, guess I should have done that earlier, and found out Win 10's have this Capture installed. Its called Xbox Game bar. By hitting the Win +G key it brings up the program. This is really nice. If you are running Win 10 check it out. By hitting the Win+Alt+G keys the program auto starts and stops recording. Now if it justs works....for me

Thank you Drac

Xbox game Bar

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/22/22 08:23 PM

I knew that Xbox game bar was there, but assumed you needed to have an Xbox connected to use it! Good find!

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/26/22 05:26 PM

I finally got the video sent Jumpship. The explanation on how to get the recording to start and stop, Win / ALT / G, did not work the way explained. I had to bring up a display up infront of the game to start and stop. Now I just hope they can download the video and watch it. Honestly I do not know what they might see on the video that causes the crash. Fingers crossed. I would hate to have to order a new state of the art computer just to run this game but will if have to. Have been wanting one of these for some time now. Laptop or Desktop...that might be the question

EDIT: Well guess what....I loaded Somerville on my Win 7 and it runs just fine everything on High. No crashes and have moved on with it. Minimum specs for the game is Win 8 so I did not think to even give it a try. This is good because I am now playing on a 65 " 3D TV so I can play it in 3D with a 7.1 surround. So far this game has been absolutely amazing and I am glad to be back playing

I guess the computer specs on my Win 10 "All-in-One" are not up to speed like they said or just on the edge. It has an integrated card and we know how they can be. I will let them know my fix when they get back to me on that video

Saved myself a few thousand. I just hope no more issues pop up or I might just be eating those words

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/26/22 06:25 PM

Well, come holler here if you decide to take the plunge. We've helped tons of people with new gaming computers.

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/26/22 06:50 PM

I will Drac. Thank you!

This is the Laptop I have been eyeballing. I can hang this "All-in-One" up which was just purchased for the heck of it 3 years ago. I need a good laptop. It's been awhile. I'll miss the 24 inches but if I want I can hook up 3 displays. That would be interesting. I only need one though...for now

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 11/26/22 07:20 PM

That looks like a good one! Just be sure to get the best video card your bank account can handle. All-in-ones are sometime the absolute worst for gaming.

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 12/16/22 11:36 AM

After Jumpship's Q&A / Support teams worked very hard to recreate this crash they were unsuccessful. They said these types of cards can just be unreliable when it comes to playing games. They were very sorry they could not solve this issue and were happy to hear that Somerville ran just fine on my Win 7

Re: Somerville Crash Issue - 12/16/22 05:41 PM

Yeah, sometimes things just don't gel with hardware and a game. Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad to hear they tried so hard to figure it out.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community