GB HOMEPAGE

Saved Games

Posted By: Mad

Saved Games - 12/15/22 03:58 AM

Hi.

Been having a peek at Return to Monkey Island - and very much enjoying it so far - but am now looking for the location of the saved games I've made.

I'm playing via Galaxy on Win 10..

Anyone able to point out their whereabouts, please ??

thanks

EDIT :

I can find saves for other games where I've used Galaxy but not for this one !! woozy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Saved Games - 12/15/22 03:19 PM

Have you looked in the App Data\Local path? You will need to have see Hidden Files enabled. See if this post at the GOG forums helps. It appears there is a "cloud" symbol which designates whether the game is cloud-saved or not. I've never seen it, but then I've never looked for it because I don't need to know where saved games are.

GOG Saved Games

I also recently updated our "How To Use Saved Games" document at Mystery Manor. See if this helps because this can be like a needle in a haystack!

Finding and Using Saved Games

Re: Saved Games - 12/16/22 03:50 AM

Hi Draclvr - and thanks for responding 🙂

I will investigate all your suggestions 👍

Re: Saved Games - 12/16/22 04:03 AM

Good luck on your search! Let us know how it goes!

Re: Saved Games - 12/16/22 10:01 AM

Sorted at last !!!!

I went to check and "Hidden Files" was ticked but for some reason "File Name Extensions" wasn't. And BOTH need to be ticked.
[I have no idea why both weren't ticked because I haven't altered anything for months woozy]

So I then explored further and eventually the route turned out to be :
Local Drive C / Users / Windows / App Data / Roaming / Terrible Toy Box / Return to Monkey Island rolleyes
And THAT'S where the saves were secreted. [Little Devils.]

What a paraphernalia just to find some game saves taz
Posted By: Marian

Re: Saved Games - 12/16/22 03:26 PM

Sometimes you have to be an archeologist to find the darn things. grin

Re: Saved Games - 12/16/22 05:40 PM

Perfectly said, Marian!! And good to know that "file name extensions" needs to be checked too. I didn't know that!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community