GB HOMEPAGE

Old Adventure Games

Posted By: Mystic Falls

Old Adventure Games - 10/15/13 08:52 AM

Sorry if this has already been discussed or in the incorrect area but I was looking at my library of old games and saw:

Jack Orlando Director's Cut sitting up there, so I re-installed it and checked for a walkthrough and printed that out ....

Is anyone interested in these old games? I can't see that I will play them again but I don't know what to do with them. I don't do eBay.

I'm in Australia. Posting is expensive.

PS I say Hi to Mad.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/15/13 10:13 AM

Mystis falls you can post on the "Trading Post Forum" and see if any one is interested in your old games.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/15/13 02:38 PM

Mystic Falls, you can list them here and sell them and just say that any postage will be paid by buyer. Get an estimate of what it would cost to ship to US, UK etc so you can give an idea. Many are interested in older games especially if boxed and in good condition.

Ana wave

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 06:54 AM

Oh, I wouldn't want money for them and all are in their original boxes (although I used to remove the cardboard) and they have only been played once,so in almost pristine condition.

Last time I posted a game off to someone it cost me about $20 for Airmail postage to the UK! The game was "free", the postage cost me. I have, perhaps, 200+ games sitting on my study bookcase.

That is my dilemma, I have old original games I need to get rid of as I will never play them again but somebody at Gameboomers might like to have them and sell them if that is their thing.

I shall have to do some research, I guess. Plus make a list of the games I have.

Meanwhile if some Gamer is looking for a particular game, perhaps they could ask whether I have it?

Sorry to be a pest. Thanks for your patience.
Posted By: anne2

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 07:26 AM

Mystic Fall, that is very sweet of you to think of all the boomers.

Am actually looking for Gabriel Knight Sins of The Father.

Can pay with paypal, if you should perhaps have the game.

wave

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By: anne2
Mystic Fall, that is very sweet of you to think of all the boomers.

Am actually looking for Gabriel Knight Sins of The Father.

Can pay with paypal, if you should perhaps have the game.

wave

Unfortunately,that is one game I wish I had never given away after playing it. I still have the other GK games.

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 08:04 AM

Have retail copies of the others, but seem to be missing the first GK, but thanks anyway Mystic. smile

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 08:15 AM

No problem. GK1 came out in around 1993, I think ... before most of us had the Internet. It played on the old 386 or whatever it was. Once I played it, I gave it to a friend ..... who knows what they did with it? Pristine copies of GK1 would be on the old "floppy disks" and most computers these days don't even have a disk drive.

Regardless of what gamers think, they will never pay HUGE money for a game .... surely?
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 08:24 AM

Don't bet on it scared
Posted By: nonnaone

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 12:53 PM

anne2, i am pretty sure i have a jewel case version of gk 1 in my collection i might part with. i can check and see and get back with you if you like. thanks

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 03:23 PM

Mystic, if you have a lot of the older games in boxes you may be sitting on a goldmine. I would research and see if you have any that are worth a lot of money. And yes, people will pay lots for them!

If anyone has any requests, please post them here. Mystic, I would hate to see someone take advantage of your generosity and take a rare game for free and sell it for a hundred dollars. Keep it honest everyone and post here first so we can give a comment as to what Mystic has. thanks

Ana wave

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 06:09 PM

nonnaone, that was very kind of you.
I have fortunately been able to find one locally.

Thanks though.
wave
Posted By: nonnaone

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/16/13 08:28 PM

no prob. enjoy!

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/17/13 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Mystic, if you have a lot of the older games in boxes you may be sitting on a goldmine. I would research and see if you have any that are worth a lot of money. And yes, people will pay lots for them!

If anyone has any requests, please post them here. Mystic, I would hate to see someone take advantage of your generosity and take a rare game for free and sell it for a hundred dollars. Keep it honest everyone and post here first so we can give a comment as to what Mystic has. thanks

Ana wave

Thanks Ana, Good idea, I'll do some checking around then. wink

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/17/13 03:29 AM

Just looking out for your best interest Mystic.

Ana wave
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/22/13 05:19 PM

Ana, you're a peach!!! Just sayin'!! hearts

Re: Old Adventure Games - 10/22/13 05:20 PM

hearts
© 2024 GameBoomers Community