GB HOMEPAGE

Still Life

Posted By: Bluto

Still Life - 08/07/23 12:45 PM

Hi everyone does anyone have a good running verson of still life that you would be willing to sell
Or trade for the one I have has a few glitches in it

Let me know if you do

thank you

Bluto
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Still Life - 08/07/23 02:06 PM

Hi Bluto! What do you mean by yours has a few glitches in it?

Re: Still Life - 08/07/23 06:07 PM

Hi BrownEyedTigre

Well when I put the disk in the drive it loads the game in and then when I click run after it
Loads in the screen goes Black this is happening in Windows XP and Windows Vista
Thats about the only way I can explain it unless the disk is scratch to the point where the
CD rom drive has trouble reading the disk Thats why I think one of the other Boomers
Might Have a disk in better shape for the cd rom drive to read

Thank you

Bluto
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Still Life - 08/07/23 08:02 PM

I hope that someone has one that you can have, Bluto. I'm not sure if Still Life has an activation code or not though. For some reason, I thought it did.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Still Life - 08/07/23 08:12 PM

Hi, Bluto. If you see or suspect a scratch, have you tried thoroughly cleaning the CD to see if that helps?

https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Dirty-CD
Posted By: lakerz

Re: Still Life - 08/10/23 08:23 AM

Honestly the best advice is to try and download and play the game from GOG. I never could get PC retail boxed version working myself but did find success using GOG. Hope this helps as the game is definitely buggy.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Still Life - 08/10/23 01:28 PM

Unfortunately Bluto is determined to avoid downloads, as he has had troubles with them in the past. I say "unfortunately" because the problems with playing certain games as well as their availability will only increase without turning to digital downloads.

Re: Still Life - 08/11/23 02:02 PM

HI BrownEyedTigre

Still Life does not have a code to key in it just loads in the system
so if anyone has the game I could swap or what ever the would like
I also wold like to know if anyone has the game called NightLong
The system over heated the disk maby because of age but the
disk got destroyed anyway does anyone have the game I could trade
another game for its a good game

Thank You

Bluto
Posted By: safc

Re: Still Life - 08/15/23 06:54 PM

Hi Bluto

I have Still Live on CD(2 disc version) I also have it on download, if you PM me I can mail it to you as a Freebie if you want, but can I ask what windows system you are trying to run it on, I have windows 10 and I am loading it up now just to check, and it looks like it will not run! even though I have checked the compatibility from Windows XP to Vista and Windows 8

cheers SAFC
Posted By: Marian

Re: Still Life - 08/16/23 02:20 AM

I believe Bluto is using Windows Vista for these old CD games. Hopefully he will post here and tell me I am wrong, if I am.
Posted By: GamingPhreak

Re: Still Life - 04/13/24 04:42 AM

The best chance to get these old games to work is buy them from GOG, which sometimes "tweaks" old games to ensure they work on modern PCs, and you can ask for a refund if they don't work. If you buy the original old discs and run them on old PCs, know that most people today don't use old PCs, so you'll have a hard time finding help if you run into technical problems, which you most certainly will, since you are dealing with decades-old hardware and software that are no longer supported. I know it may be difficult for some people to upgrade to modern systems, but it would be just as torturous to try to run ancient programs on ancient systems if you didn't have thorough historical knowledge of them (knowledge that is hard to find today).

Re: Still Life - 04/13/24 02:36 PM

GamingPhreak, We all wish Bluto would get these games from GOG too. It would make his gaming life so much easier for him. But he had issues in the past and doesn't want to use downloads. So, we try our best to help him out.
Posted By: GamingPhreak

Re: Still Life - 04/13/24 05:51 PM

I just wanted to give him all the info on the disadvantages of going this route. He can post here, so he obviously has access to the Internet. If he has slow Internet speed, even the slowest DSL speed (5 Mbps) is fast enough for download. If he has limited technical skills to deal with all these issues, then he needs to know that PC is inherently a tech-heavy platform. Modern PCs are already complicated enough, while obsolete and unsupported ones are even tougher to maintain. If he needs a more consumer-friendly gaming platform, he should consider Xbox, Playstation, or mobile, where you can just turn on the machine and play.

Re: Still Life - 04/14/24 12:49 AM

And we thank you, GamingPhreak. We've already done all this and more. After this many years, it just is what it is and we do the best we can to help.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community