GB HOMEPAGE

Puzzle. July 2

Posted By: curly

Puzzle. July 2 - 07/02/13 07:41 AM

At least three clues are laid out in each sentence that point to a common word that you must find. For example; a spherical object, forming a fist and a formal gathering all represent a ball.

1.Everything's eventual I guess. The season has to end and we're facing the Grand Final next week. Those at the bottom of the ladder can only look on in envy. Serves them right, they didn't have the stamina to make it. 4 letters

-2.But I cannot afford to ponder on the also rans, I have to focus on what lies ahead for me. How can I forget it, I can still recall the pain of losing last year's Grand Final. 5

-3.I checked my time piece. It was time to scrutinize the video data on my opponent for this weekend. The coach has assigned me their best player, a man we call "Loco". He destroyed us the last time that we met and I was determined that it wouldn't happen on my shift. 5

-4.As I stared at the video I noticed that my left leg was shaking on the spot. The neurons from my brain to the leg were working overtime. I had to admit that I was also getting a little grouchy at the boys when they'd gently rib me on my assignment this weekend. It was starting to be a touchy subject and I was beginning to wonder if I'd have the courage to see it through. 5

-5.I put my boots on and head up the tunnel to the oval. I move aside to see Macca and Smithy sprint past to see who could get to the grass first. It reminds me that this week would go by so fast and I have to make every post a winner. 4

-6.It was time to practise and in every action I was visualising how I was going to apply my skills on my opponent, "Loco", which was short for "Locomotive". In our previous encounter he proved to be unstoppable, leaving us trailing in his wake like the back end of a bride's gown. 5

-7.I'm enjoying a good massage after my workout, now if I could only find a way to erase the pain of last year's loss from my mind. "You're tensing up" said the masseuse "think of some good things like putting polish on this year's cup". 3

-8.Finally it's game day. This is no time to joke. "Geez Poll, you're looking as nervous as baby goat, lighten up mate". I look up and see Wally, a big grin on his face and living the moment. Today's his 100th game and as a tribute he'll be allowed to carry his young son onto the ground and through the banner. 3

-9.We run out onto the ground. I throw the ball to the ground and watch as it comes back to me. I look around to see Jacko full of beans, starting to jump around. He's got more spring than a paddock full of kangaroos. Suddenly I realise that this is our time. We're primed, we're on the rebound and we're dangerous. 6

-10.The game is over and it's all a blur. What I do know is that I'm holding our reward, the premiership cup, aloft. This is a moment I will treasure forever. As the boys try to lever the cup from my fist I can hear the coach's words echo in my ear "To the victor the spoils. Work hard enough and everything's eventual". 5

wink
Posted By: Niki

Re: Puzzle. July 2 - 07/02/13 08:09 AM

6. train wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Puzzle. July 2 - 07/02/13 08:27 AM

3.Watch smile
Good morning happydance
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Puzzle. July 2 - 07/02/13 08:41 AM

8. Kid - Hi Curly wave thumbsup

Bernie happydance