GB HOMEPAGE

Gaming Acrostic

Posted By: Cue

Gaming Acrostic - 01/23/19 04:33 PM

Acrostics are my favorite crossword style puzzles. I've done quite a few and thought I'd make one with a bit of a gaming theme. We won't be posting any answers on this, you can do it all on your own at your leisure.

If you've never done an acrostic puzzle, enter the answers to the clues and transpose the known letters to the grid locations identified above each letter. A number in parentheses next to the clue represents the number of words in the answer. Lack of a number means that the answer is a single word. Work back and forth between the answered clues and the word patterns in the grid to finish the puzzle. Words are identified by a group of white squares. Some words will wrap to the next line if not ended by a black square. Once the grid is filled in a phrase will be revealed.

Have fun!

The Grid

The Clues
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Gaming Acrostic - 01/27/19 05:08 PM

I had to print this out before I could solve it.
It's not the type of puzzle I can solve one step at a time.

Click to reveal..

A. NINTENDO
B. HYENAS
C. USE A HEADSET
D. DARK FALL LIGHTS OUT
E. INNUENDO
F. VOLTAIC
G. CONUNDRUM
H. EXCEPT
I. FORUM
J. EMBELLISH
K. GRAY MATTER
L. WOOF
M. TAFFETA
N. POSTING
O. ETHANE

I like adventure games because I can turn off the lights, turn up the sound, and go to a world of fantasy that I can explore and lose myself in the moment.
Posted By: Cue

Re: Gaming Acrostic - 01/28/19 01:20 PM

I have to have a hard copy of these puzzles too, Jenny. Nice solve. Hope you had fun!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community