GB HOMEPAGE

Squiggle

Posted By: Pandora

Squiggle - 01/23/20 02:22 PM

Tell us what you see! You may create a caption or a short story. Keep the entries G-rated, please. The best, most creative answer wins a beautiful, shiny trophy. You may submit as many entries as you like. This round's judge is our last winner, Space Quest Fan! Judging will be done as close to Sunday evening as possible.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Squiggle - 01/23/20 02:37 PM

Urban's Picture Dictionary's entry for "irony"
Posted By: Demosthenes

Re: Squiggle - 01/23/20 03:22 PM

Fortunately, our smoke detector smoke detector was in good working order.
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Squiggle - 01/23/20 11:00 PM

Guess I burned the bacon once too often - the smoke detector self-destructed.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Squiggle - 01/23/20 11:45 PM

Please keep the entries coming. smile
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Squiggle - 01/24/20 04:38 PM

Hi, I just love thinking up captions when I can but please do tell me if I've gone too far because I have an awful sense of humour !

The new 5-Sense alarm (costing 5 cents + $2550 alarm) didn’t sell as well as the manufacturers were hoping.
The alarm was, in the event of a fire, designed to target each of the sensory abilities such as vision, hearing, taste, smell & touch in the hope it would alert somehow or other the potential victim in whatever state they were in that they were in danger.
The features, which could be adapted according to lifestyle, include for example a large (flashing) hologram of the burning smoke-detector (pictured) along with an amplified noise of burning & crackling (or you could for example choose a loud recording of your least favourite band/singer/musician); the smoke detector itself releasing a black smoke (or any color you like) tasting & smelling of anything that you specified might wake you up in the event of such a tragedy.
As for touch - well you can have the regular water sprinklers.............or...................... ?????

Re: Squiggle - 01/25/20 12:26 AM

Welcome, Chrissie! Great entry! wave
Posted By: soot

Re: Squiggle - 01/25/20 02:16 AM

Wife, "Honey, I think we need to replace our smoke alarm..."

Husband, "Why do you say that dear?"

Wife, "Well, the oven timer started beeping this morning when the smoke alarm caught fire..."

chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp

Re: Squiggle - 01/26/20 01:47 PM

OK today is the day when I will announce the winner so you still have time to enter.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Squiggle - 01/26/20 07:56 PM

Luke Ceilingwaker saves the universe once again by destroying the dastardly Death Drum!
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Squiggle - 01/26/20 09:11 PM

You had ONE job! yes

Re: Squiggle - 01/27/20 12:33 AM

But Mr. Edwards, you said to make sure the smoke alarms were visible to all the residents ... I thought the smokey background would be perfect think
Posted By: CCbomber

Re: Squiggle - 01/27/20 07:52 AM

The Samsung Galaxy SD7 smoke detector has now
been banned in homes both foreign and domestic.

Re: Squiggle - 01/27/20 09:47 PM

Wow a ton of great entries this week. Thank you all very much. chrissie your sense of humor is fine with me. You are this weeks winner.

Originally Posted by chrissie
Hi, I just love thinking up captions when I can but please do tell me if I've gone too far because I have an awful sense of humour !

The new 5-Sense alarm (costing 5 cents + $2550 alarm) didn’t sell as well as the manufacturers were hoping.
The alarm was, in the event of a fire, designed to target each of the sensory abilities such as vision, hearing, taste, smell & touch in the hope it would alert somehow or other the potential victim in whatever state they were in that they were in danger.
The features, which could be adapted according to lifestyle, include for example a large (flashing) hologram of the burning smoke-detector (pictured) along with an amplified noise of burning & crackling (or you could for example choose a loud recording of your least favourite band/singer/musician); the smoke detector itself releasing a black smoke (or any color you like) tasting & smelling of anything that you specified might wake you up in the event of such a tragedy.
As for touch - well you can have the regular water sprinklers.............or...................... ?????

[Linked Image]

Re: Squiggle - 01/28/20 12:47 AM

Congratulations to chrissie on her 1st trophy! bravo

Re: Squiggle - 01/28/20 02:31 AM

Congratulations Chrissie ... nicely done! bravo
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Squiggle - 01/28/20 06:42 PM

Nice one, chrissie - looking forward to many more! bravo
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Squiggle - 01/29/20 05:00 PM

Yay, Chrissie! thumbsup
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Squiggle - 01/30/20 11:14 AM

Thank you Space Quest Fan - I was shocked to see I'd won with some other great entries & mine being so long-winded thought up in a moment of madness. Thanks also to Pandora for finding so many weird & wonderful photos & also everyone for your words of encouragement.
Posted By: Lex

Re: Squiggle - 02/04/20 07:13 AM

Belated congrats Chrissie and welcome to the hall of fame! rah
© 2024 GameBoomers Community