GB HOMEPAGE

Happy Halloween!

Posted By: Pandora

Happy Halloween! - 10/31/20 01:27 PM

[Linked Image]

Don't know if my doorbell will ring tonight but I'll be ready, just in case. It's still a fun and creative holiday. [Linked Image]
Posted By: curly

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/20 02:11 PM

Enjoy the kids at your door Sue.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/20 06:04 PM

Much as I hated the people who didn't answer their doors when I was a kid, I now hide in the dark in my home.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/20 06:09 PM

I will be playing a spooky game for Halloween night.

Happy Halloween, everyone! blackkitty
Posted By: curly

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/20 06:10 PM

That's a good one ob.
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/20 06:23 PM

I was going to make a joke involving Mrs Worrier and witches, but I'm not that sort of chap. Never have been... smile

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/20 09:32 PM

rotfl ...as he gets the joke in
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/20 01:23 AM

No ghosts nor witches nor any other short and strangely-dressed creatures came to my door tonight. Nada! Zilch! Nary a one! Dear me, what shall I do with all this chocolate candy? whistle

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/20 01:50 AM

lol I had only five little kids show up but it felt so normal to answer the door and hand out candy, even if I had to wear a mask. I suppose I'll also have to figure out what to do with the leftovers. grin
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/20 02:48 AM

I decorated a long mailing tube with orange paper and put up a sign under my front window that said "Stand Here for Candy." Unfortunately, I didn't get to test it out.
Posted By: Redz

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/20 12:05 PM

I set up a long table at the end of my driveway, put the candy in bags, and had a lit (battery type) candle in a pumpkin
on a small table. Set up a chair for myself back 10 feet and actually had more kids this year than the last two years.

But my next door neighbor was the best. They had a portable fire pit and the largest leg lamp from Christmas Story.
He (a police sergeant) was dressed as Ralphie and his wife was dressed as the kid who put his tongue on the pole.
Again, at the end of their driveway. Great Fun! witch
Posted By: soot

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/20 05:27 PM

Sounds like a great time Redz lol

No trick or treaters here ... the neighborhood kids are grown and I have a bag of candy to give to grandkids and take to work for snacks

witch
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/20 09:08 PM

Haven't had any trick or treaters for many years, so I don't even bother to have treats available. Haven't done a whole lot with decos but, next year, I hope to do more of that; finally found a handyman but he had to stop his business for a couple months to recover from knee surgery. I've sent him a list of 'chores' I need done which will allow me to do more fun things with my home next year.

I didn't get dressed up, but my dog did. The play care center he goes to had a canine costume party on Sat. I purchased a 3 piece (chest, best and cape) Superman outfit for him which they were able to get him to wear, and they've promised pics. I attempted to put it on him while he laying down, but he started sneering, so I figured I'd let the experts do it. They said he was patient with it just confused; kept turning his head to figure out what was going on. Later told me to ease of on his 'diner' food since he'd had a lot of treats.

witch dance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community