GB HOMEPAGE

Squiggle - Winner is Demosthenes!

Posted By: Pandora

Squiggle - Winner is Demosthenes! - 02/08/21 02:50 PM

Tell us what you see! You may create a caption or a short story. Keep the entries G-rated, please. The best, most creative answer wins a beautiful, shiny trophy. You may submit as many entries as you like. This round's judge is our last winner, flotsam! Judging will be done some time on Sunday.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Squiggle - 02/08/21 03:43 PM

You did check that wood for woodworm, didn't you Bob? Bob? Bob...?
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Squiggle - 02/08/21 11:45 PM

The Leaning Tower of Hoboken
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Squiggle - 02/09/21 02:09 AM

This is what happens when you build a high rise with Legos.
Posted By: soot

Re: Squiggle - 02/10/21 08:20 AM

Sure we can repair the windows, in fact I suggest we reinforce them, the trick will be crafting level floors...
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Squiggle - 02/10/21 09:37 PM

thumbsup thumbsup

Re: Squiggle - 02/12/21 08:45 AM

"The details do say 'In need of some sympathetic restoration', dear"
Posted By: Demosthenes

Re: Squiggle - 02/12/21 06:13 PM

Many years ago, after a disastrous earthquake, the mice held a council meeting to determine how to save their endangered hotel, famous for its first-class food scraps and total lack of proper pest control. The building was now leaning like a reed in the wind, and without direct action, the mice knew it would soon tumble to the ground like a broken oak.

Many ideas were suggested, but each was just as quickly discarded. The hotel was simply too large for any number of mice to lift back into place, and the situation, it seemed, was hopeless.

Finally, one of the youngest mice spoke up with a truly promising idea. "We've all been so concerned about putting the hotel back the way it was--what if, instead, we leave it as it is, and prop it up with large wooden beams? Why, tourism might even increase! It worked for Pisa, why can't it work for us?"

His suggestion was met with an enthusiastic chorus of approval, until an older mouse spoke in a quiet, commanding voice from the back of the room.

"That's a fine idea, but who will do something so monumentally, stupidly dangerous?" asked the wise old mouse.

The ensuing wall of silence was finally broken when a tall, imposing mouse strode confidently into the midst of the crowd and raised his paw. "I'll do it," said Walter. And he did. Completely implausibly, Walter had saved the day. Again.

Moments later, the distant jingle of a small bell sent the mice scurrying back into the walls of the hotel lobby. The cat was approaching: it was best to be away.
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Squiggle - 02/13/21 05:34 PM

Heck of a time for Superman to be on vacation. headscratch

Re: Squiggle - 02/13/21 09:51 PM

About 24 hours to go!
Posted By: DocPaul

Re: Squiggle - 02/14/21 09:48 PM

"These hardhats will really come in handy if it falls, eh, Mo?"

Re: Squiggle - 02/14/21 10:59 PM

Nice to see you, Paul! smile

Re: Squiggle - 02/15/21 12:01 AM

I second that emotion! hearts

Re: Squiggle - 02/15/21 01:06 AM

The time has come.
I was torn between two, one short and sweet and one not so, and in the end I was taken by the tale.
So congrats to Walter (and Demosthenes) thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Re: Squiggle - 02/15/21 01:46 AM

Congratulations to Demosthenes on his 16th trophy! bravo
Posted By: Lex

Re: Squiggle - Winner is Demosthenes! - 02/15/21 08:58 AM

Good one! thumbsup

Re: Squiggle - Winner is Demosthenes! - 02/15/21 12:25 PM

An epic tale! bravo
Posted By: soot