GB HOMEPAGE

Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel!

Posted By: Pandora

Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel! - 07/18/22 01:12 PM

Tell us what you see! You may create a caption or a short story. Keep the entries G-rated, please. The best, most creative answer wins a beautiful, shiny trophy. You may submit as many entries as you like. This round's judge is our last winner, chrissie! Judging will be done some time on Sunday.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Redz

Re: Squiggle - 07/18/22 03:15 PM

Veronica and Virginia are ready for their debut in "Vultures in Vegas" eek
Posted By: soot

Re: Squiggle - 07/18/22 03:35 PM

Gladys: Do you think these leggings make my thighs look too big Abner?

Abner: No dear ... you look wonderful.
Posted By: Demosthenes

Re: Squiggle - 07/18/22 05:31 PM

Strangely, Sinbad's adventures with the Roc-ettes are omitted from most compendiums of his travels.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Squiggle - 07/18/22 06:21 PM

Definitely gets chilly round the nether regions when circling up there !!
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Squiggle - 07/18/22 10:36 PM

I love the picture & there's some great captions already! woot
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Squiggle - 07/19/22 12:32 AM

This photo was taken right before the girls were ticketed for exposing their bloomers in public.
Posted By: Singer

Re: Squiggle - 07/19/22 01:02 AM

Ornithologists were thrilled to capture a rare photo of an endangered bird species called the Rorschach Vulture.
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Squiggle - 07/19/22 01:09 AM

Let's hear it for Buzz and Condie singing their hit song "Carrion Wayward Son!" bravo
Posted By: DocPaul

Re: Squiggle - 07/19/22 01:38 AM

See? We aint carryin' no carrion.
Posted By: OrleansBelle

Re: Squiggle - 07/19/22 04:11 PM

Now remember; I'm streaking upfield and you're going downfield
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Squiggle - 07/20/22 09:52 PM

"Hey, Vinnie. Are you still workin' at Carrion-to-Go? I want to place an order."
"Yeh, Baldy, but I'm gonna try out for the remake of The Dark Crystal. I've got an audition lined up a half hour from now, and I've got to get ready."
"Wow! I think you'd be great as a Skeksis, Vin!"
"Nah. I'm tired of always playing a bad guy. I'm trying out for the part of Jen, the Gelfling."
"Uh, do you really think you're right for the part, Vin? I mean, Gelflings look quite different from us.
"Sure, Baldy! There's nothing a wig and makeup can't fix. With my talent, I'll be a shoe-in."

Later, around dinner time:
"So how did it go, Vinnie? Did ya get the part?"
[sigh] "No, Baldy, not even the part of a Skeksis. They decided to do all the characters as CGI."
"Aww, I'm so sorry, Vin." [pause] "Can I get some carrion to go now? I'm starving."
"Sure, Baldy."
"Did you hear that they're doing another Jurassic Park movie, Vin? You'd be great as a pteranodon!"
[sigh] "Thanks, Baldy."

Re: Squiggle - 07/20/22 11:35 PM

rotfl
bravo
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Squiggle - 07/21/22 12:15 PM

These avian vulture capitalists in their flappable beaky binders are nothing more than camouflaged meat grinders.
Posted By: Demosthenes

Re: Squiggle - 07/21/22 05:33 PM

They look pretty far gone, but keep your distance. I don't like how that one Colonel guy keeps pointing over here and shouting about wings and drumsticks.

Re: Squiggle - 07/21/22 07:05 PM

There's so many great captions already! urock ..... & plenty of time for more! sherlock
Posted By: Marian

Re: Squiggle - 07/21/22 11:00 PM

I don't envy your having to choose a winner here, chrissie - there are so many great ones! bravo

Re: Squiggle - 07/21/22 11:29 PM

"In olden days a glimpse of stocking was looked on as something shocking .... "

OK. Join in if you know it !! lol

EDIT :

Now I can't get that song out of my head !!!!

Re: Squiggle - 07/23/22 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Marian
I don't envy your having to choose a winner here, chrissie - there are so many great ones! bravo

Yes! lol....... help

But there's still plenty of time for more entries! penguin

Re: Squiggle - 07/24/22 09:19 PM

There are so many fantastic captions here it’s been a difficult choice. I’ve very much enjoyed references to ladies’ girly talk, streaking & inkblots to mention just a few amongst the very humorous entries.

But after looking up the characters for both the film & game of The Dark Crystal, neither of which I’m familiar with, I had to chuckle just that little bit more at any repartee between vultures already to start with! lol & especially between the wannabe actor Vinnie & friend Baldy as presented by Lady Kestrel thus:

Originally Posted by LadyKestrel
"Hey, Vinnie. Are you still workin' at Carrion-to-Go? I want to place an order."
"Yeh, Baldy, but I'm gonna try out for the remake of The Dark Crystal. I've got an audition lined up a half hour from now, and I've got to get ready."
"Wow! I think you'd be great as a Skeksis, Vin!"
"Nah. I'm tired of always playing a bad guy. I'm trying out for the part of Jen, the Gelfling."
"Uh, do you really think you're right for the part, Vin? I mean, Gelflings look quite different from us.
"Sure, Baldy! There's nothing a wig and makeup can't fix. With my talent, I'll be a shoe-in."

Later, around dinner time:
"So how did it go, Vinnie? Did ya get the part?"
[sigh] "No, Baldy, not even the part of a Skeksis. They decided to do all the characters as CGI."
"Aww, I'm so sorry, Vin." [pause] "Can I get some carrion to go now? I'm starving."
"Sure, Baldy."
"Did you hear that they're doing another Jurassic Park movie, Vin? You'd be great as a pteranodon!"
[sigh] "Thanks, Baldy."

So this weeks’s trophy is for you LadyKestrel! Congratulations! rah

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Squiggle - 07/24/22 09:44 PM

.. and thorougly deserved, Lady K praise

Re: Squiggle - 07/24/22 11:10 PM

Good for you, Lady Kestrel !! 👍👍👍
Posted By: Pandora

Re: Squiggle - 07/24/22 11:26 PM

Congratulations to LadyKestrel on her 56th trophy! bravo
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel! - 07/25/22 12:01 AM

Great work, LadyKestrel ! bravo
Posted By: Marian

Re: Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel! - 07/25/22 12:51 AM

Very impressive, LadyK! cool
Posted By: Singer

Re: Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel! - 07/25/22 02:40 AM

Nice one, LK. bravo But inquiring minds want to know: Which one is Baldy?
Posted By: curly

Re: Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel! - 07/25/22 08:22 AM

Way to go LK.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel! - 07/25/22 06:20 PM

Thank you, Chrissie and fellow squigglers! I look forward to seeing this week's captions.

Singer,
In my mind, the big one is baldy and the little one is Vinny, but other minds may feel it's a moot point. smile

Re: Squiggle - Winner is LadyKestrel! - 07/26/22 12:00 AM

Congratulations LadyK ... most excellent indeed! bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community