GB HOMEPAGE

The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!)

Posted By: -=sinotek=-

The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 04:09 PM

Hi folks. smile

I was just wondering... did anyone play the game called "The Path"?

Well if you didn't, let me tell you a bit about it... The path is a game loosely based on a very grim version of little red riding hood. You choose 1 of 6 girls to play with, when each of them has her own adventure that fits her personality.

This is 1 of these 'art games', where it's not really a game as it is a tool to teach us a message or a moral.

Imma try and tell you about this game, and give you my point of view. It's gonna be long, and it will probably spoil the game for you. I suggest you don't read it if you still didn't play it, and you plan to.

btw, a warning: This game is very grim and it has a lot of mature content. I suggest you don't read it if these kind of things bother you, or if you're 2 young for it.

Ok here we go:
The objective of the game is simple.. The mother has sent 1 of the girls (The 1 you pick) to go visit grandmother's house. And that's your goal. You start of in a begining of a long road. In the screen it says "Go to Grandmothers House... And stay on the path".

The first time playing this it sounds simple enough... just keep going the road. The longer you walk that road, the darker it gets. Eventually you reach the house, which looks like it was taken from a horror movie. Once you go in you see a dark creepy looking interior of a house. You lead your character through the house and you see things that are different for every girl (Again, it followed their personality. The house rooms literally change for every girl). Eventually you'll reach grandma's bed (A creepy looking 1 if i might add...) and a wolf standing next to her. Her eyes open and the screen fades to black... and guess what... it says you failed. How could you have failed? You did what the game told you to... you followed the path...
Click to reveal..

Well this is the game's first and main moral. And a lot of people try to give their own interpretation about this, and about the entire game.

My interpretation for this is that the road represents your life. The path each of us takes in his life. Grandmother's place represents death. That's why it's so dark and it's at the end of the road. Why do you fail when you walk it? Well.. the game tells you to not walk off the path, and you listen to it. You don't take risks. You don't want to adventure. You want to just do what you're told. And because of that, nothing interesting happens to you. You don't get any experience from your life. If the begining of the path is your birth and the end of it is your death... then you did nothing in your life except what you were told.. And that's why it's a failure.

So what you need to do is break the only rule this game gives you, and stray the path into the woods. In there you find bunch of items that you collect (that will effect the ending) and the 'wolf'.

The 'wolf' is different for every girl. It looks different, and does different things, but you can always tell he's bad by the sound and visuals you get from the game.

Now what does the wolf represent in this game? Well, this is where more interpretation comes into play.

Here's mine: The wolf represent each girl's temptation. And they each fall into it. and it leads to their doom eventually. After you meet the wolf, and a few things happen, the game fades to black and you wake up in front of grandma's house, where it's rainy, dark and your character becomes weak and all depressed (You can tell by the way your character walks).

Imma give you an example of 1 of the girls so you'll understand this game better.

RUBY:
Ruby is pretty much a stereotyped goth. From all the comments she makes during the game you can tell she doesn't fit all that well with other people. She's looking for acceptance from people. She has a teddy bear with 2 heads, which probably represents how 'odd' she is. She seems to love rust and
decay and she has an odd obsession with death.

RUBY'S WOLF:
The wolf, in Ruby's case is a blond man she meets in the playground. She sits next to him on a bench and he gives her a cigarette (She said earlier in the game she wants to start smoking so it'll shorten her life).
The man in this case represents both peer pressure and temptations. Also there is a hint of a sexual act but it is again, up in the air. The game doesn't explain what happens. Game fades to black, and you wake up in grandma's place.

RUBY'S VERSION OF GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE:
While you walk in grandmother's house, Ruby gets into a giant bird cage which crashes down to the floor and gets you in a gymnasium. In there, there's a smoking car smashed in the wall. After that there is a hall full of lockers and a room with a tire and some barrels leaking green stuff. The long hall
has some sort of machinery thingies.

At the end of the house, where grandmother's room was, there is a bed rotating on carousel. Then Ruby collapses and you see some pretty graphical images of Ruby's body. She has been murdered. Probably by the blond guy she was with.

Game Ending interpretation:
Well, in each game ending the girl ends up dead in a pretty harsh way. But do they really die?
Each girl falls into their temptation. After they fall for it, they wake up different, as if it changed them. Maybe it's not really them dieing, but it's just a process of growth? Maybe it's their childhood dieing due to a traumatic event that happend? Grandma's place represent the end of the child in them. It's death. It's end. It's removal due to an event that happend in their life.

In Ruby's case, her temptation was smoking and finding someone to accept her. She fell for both temptation, and it was her mistake that led to her death. So maybe the blond guy didn't kill her. Maybe she died in a car crash.

And what does the bird cage represents? Her desires? Her not being able to be set free?

The bed at the end which rotates on the carousel represents the playground. Her part of the childhood that was still alive in her. After the incident, that part is no more. It's gone.

Some say Grandmother's House represents each girl's own hell. Their fears, their results of their mistakes they made being shown to them. And the fact that the house is really freaky also gives that idea. But I think that this house is creepy only to represent the fear of letting go... Letting go of the childhood, of the innocence... and mature. That part of life is scary, and you do a lot of mistakes in that process.. But this is life. You learn from your mistakes, and you grow from them. And in my opinion, that's the message this game was trying to give.

At the end of this game there's a ranking system. It shows how many items you collected and how much you walked and your final grade. Well... they only way you'll get "Success" there is if you don't listen to the game's instructions... Does the game try to tell you that you can't get anywhere from doing what others tell you? Is it trying to say that the only way you'll have a success in your life is if you go have your own adventure? Experience things yourself?

There's also something weird in the ranking screen... it says Items collected 0/3... But there's like 7-15 items for each girl? And your final grade (Which goes from A to F) will never give you an A, no matter what you do.
What is the game trying to say here? That nothing can ever be perfect? That it's all about trial and error? Again, like everything else in this game, it's all up for interpretation.

Ok, that's it. I won't be surprised if this thread won't have replies in it, only cuz what I wrote was really really long. razz
However, if you did read it all, or if you played it and you have your own idea about the game, feel free to share it. I'm really interested to hear your opinions.

P.S: If you plan to play this game, don't play it 2 much in 1 day, and don't play it at nights, or you'll have problems sleeping at night. razz

This game is really deep, and that's 1 of the reasons it's so scary. There are no monsters here, no battles, and nothing jumps out on you... and yet it's 1 of the creepiest games I've seen.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 04:45 PM

I've played it and enjoyed it a lot. I still have a couple of the girls to take through the woods to Grandma's house. I need to spend more time looking around, since the best score I got was a C.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 04:47 PM

You should read what I wrote about the game ranking system. I think you'll understand why you keep getting low scores then. smile

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 04:59 PM

Yes, I know I need to spend more time with each girl, finding the experiences that relate to her. I plan to do better on the next girl. Have you played Alice: An Interactive Museum? The game reminds me of it.
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 05:12 PM

Just looking around for the game Alice:Interactive Museum. The game went for $2.034 on eBay in Nov.2007. Just thought I would mention it. Thanks
Richard

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 05:21 PM

Hmm I actually never heard bout that 1. I'll need to look into it.
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 05:28 PM

Amazon has the game for $1,750.00. I don't think I will buy it. A little to much.Maybe GOG will have it in the future.
Richard

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 05:37 PM

Shono's other works, L-Zone and Gadget are quite accessible. The prices on Amazon are often outrageous, but Alice is very hard to find.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 07:27 PM

Geez, that's 1 pricey game. I'll need to look into that. smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 09:39 PM

Sinotek -- from what I understand, The Path is more of an interactive art experience than an adventure game. We've moved the thread here to Boomer reviews, where games of all genres have been reviewed.

The artwork appears to be toying with the very concept of what constitutes a game, including a ranking system that doesn't always make a lot of sense -- or wouldn't make sense if this artwork were, in fact, a game.

Like Alice, An Interactive Museum, The Path has chosen the, err, path of "challenging" the player/viewer with purposely controversial themes (like -- in The Path -- forcing the player to lead each young girl to her death or, -- in Alice -- considerable nudity and images of half-animal, half-humans) to see what the response will be.

Posted By: Feeb88

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/17/09 11:06 PM

I downloaded The Path's prologue/demo chapter awhile back and found it an intriguing and stylized experience, if a bit sparse on, well, everything else (which, I know, is very much intentional). I love psychological/interpretative stuff like this, though, because as you said, it's usually far more disturbing than flat-out in-your-face horror, and oftentimes what disturbs most, and why, will vary by individual person. It's definitely crafted to one purpose - to tell its story, and get under your skin in doing so - and isn't going to let a pesky little thing like gameplay get in its way.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/18/09 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Sinotek -- from what I understand, The Path is more of an interactive art experience than an adventure game. We've moved the thread here to Boomer reviews, where games of all genres have been reviewed.

The artwork appears to be toying with the very concept of what constitutes a game, including a ranking system that doesn't always make a lot of sense -- or wouldn't make sense if this artwork were, in fact, a game.

Like Alice, An Interactive Museum, The Path has chosen the, err, path of "challenging" the player/viewer with purposely controversial themes (like -- in The Path -- forcing the player to lead each young girl to her death or, -- in Alice -- considerable nudity and images of half-animal, half-humans) to see what the response will be.

Well like everything else in this game, it's up for interpretation. Some say it's a game due to it's nature of collecting items, following a guider to lead you to items, and search for your 'wolf' (Kinda like a quest).

But some say, like you, that it doesn't really think ot iftself as a game, but it's more of an interactive movie that only wants to teach you something about life, and the process of maturing. It doesn't really pay attention to it's gameplay, and it even mocks it with the ranking system at the end.

Well anyways, I understand why you moved this thread. So it's np. smile
Posted By: Donald

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/20/09 01:47 AM

The Path Review at Gamespot
www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/thepath/review.html

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/20/09 02:13 AM

Donald -- we're discussing this game (including sinotek's review) in the Boomer Reviews forum right now, so I'm going to merge this thread with the thread in Boomer Reviews.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/20/09 05:05 AM

That review reminded me of the epilogue. Imma discuss it as well. (Ending spoiler alert btw)

Click to reveal..
Ok, so during the entire game, for all 6 girls, there is 1 girl who is dressed in white. She seems friendly to all the girls. You can hold hands and she'll lead you to places. Usually she helps you get back to the path. Other times she can help you locate interesting items. But she is clearly a real friend to the player, that tries to guide him for the right way.

Well at the epilogue after you finish the game with all 6 girls you actually get to play as the girl in the white dress. When you do, you notice she runs A LOT more faster, and she has no 'wolf'. Besides a few items to collect in the wood (That have no effect on the game what so ever so it's pretty useless to go after) there's no reason for you to walk off the path. So what you do here is actually stay on the path, and run towards the house. Usually all girls run slower so it can take like 10 minutes. With this girl it takes like 1 minute to get there.

Once you go in the house, you enter and see the area which the 1st girl you played as died at. Then she walks through a door through the area that the 2nd girl died at, and then the 3rd, and the 4th, the 5th and finally the 6th area. After that, she goes through a door that leads to grandma (The same room that each girl gets to if you get 'failure' ending). In it, there's a wolf. And by that time you notice a picture hanging above grandma with the girl in white face on there. She sits besides the bed (Doesn't get on or hug her or even touch her like the other girls did in their 'failure' endings). She just sits there besides the bed.

After that, game fades to black. Then you see the selection screen (Which seems like an apartment with industrial sounds coming from outside. The entire place is in red).
The place is empty (After each ending with a girl, you go back to the character selection screen, which is the apartment, and you see that the girl you did the playthrough with is now gone).
The girl in white comes in through the door, covered with blood. Then all 6 girls enter 1 by 1 in the opposite order you chose them, from last girl to first girl. The girl in white then walks out the door, and the game basicly starts over and let's you choose 1 of 6 characters again.

Now, let's try to figure out what this ending means, shall we?
So who is this girl in white? Well my guess is that she is the real red riding hood, but this is not her first visit. She already went through all these experiences.

She runs so fast because the game wants to aim you to go straight to the house. With any other girl you'd get bored quickly going straight through the path all the game, because for one thing they run so slow. With her, you get to grandma's house with 1 minute. So obviously here, she has no need to wonder of the woods, because she already did that mistake before. She's an experienced person who went through a lot in her life, and she knows exactly what needs to be done. She goes straight to grandma's house (In a very confident walk).

Once inside, she walks through all 6 death area of the girls you played as. Again, maybe this is to show that she went through all of these 6 events. And again, this may mean that no one really died except their childhoods. These experiences may have killed the child in the girl in white and got her to mature.

After you get to grandma, she keeps her distance from her. She doesn't get close to her, or lay next to her. Why is that? Maybe she knows she's a threat? Maybe she knows that just like the red riding hood tail, she's a wolf in disguise?

The picture above the bed with her face on it also hints that this is really the red riding hood, and she's really grandmother's nephew. Also, you can tell she's been in that area a lot, because she knows how to guide the player through the woods when you played with all 6 other characters, meaning, she's been there a lot before and she knows to ways to everything in there.

At the end of the game you see the girl covered in blood. Maybe she killed the wolf who was disguised as grandma?

After she walks in the door, all 6 girls walk in as well. Does it mean their saved? Did the girl in white saved them when she killed grandma? Why does it let you play through all 6 girls again?

Well maybe it's over analyzing now, because it's just a game and when you finish a game it's suppose to let you reply it. But maybe there's more to it as well... Maybe it just means a new person is going to go through the process of growing up. Maybe it means we all have to go through hard events in life and experience life in order to learn from the experience and mature from it.

Well that's it. A very very interesting game. I wish the creator of this game would talk and explain it himself! razz
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/21/09 03:46 AM

I am somewhat suprised by GameSpot's reaction, given its known bias against the adventure genre. I wonder if the artistic angle of the game somehow had overly influenced the reviewer's mind.

Still, this is a very interesting game from a very interesting developer.
Posted By: H4XX0RZ

The Path by Tale of Tales: A couple of questions. - 08/23/09 03:14 PM

First off, I noticed this game on Steam back when I still used it a long time ago. I went to the website and it looked pretty neat. I know it's one of those Art Games, and yes, I am a fan of that genre (Braid is one of my favorites).

I know the storyline of it, take different little girls through a forest for different experiences each time. But I guess my questions are 1) Is the experience different enough for each little girl that I can get some decent mileage out of the game? and 2) How frightening of a game is it? I ask because I enjoy games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

Anyway, I saw this one mentioned over on the Dark Side the other day and thought I'd get some opinions about it before I actually set out and bought it.
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/23/09 03:19 PM

I'll merge you to the member review and discussion there.
Your question might already be answered.

I don't think it was at DarkSide though - I'll check.
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/23/09 06:59 PM

It depends on your definition of "decent mileage". Yes, the girls all have different stories to tell, but you must be willing to let them do so and that requires a bit of patience and some imagination. The woods have different "attractions" or "special places" for each girl but they overlap, i.e. girl 1 has place A and B, girl 2 has place C and D, girl 3 has place B and E etc. It's not scary in the Silent Hill/Resident Evil sense. I don't know any games that compare to it, but there are no zombies or other monsters chasing you. There is a dark atmosphere and a sense of imminent danger but it will almost certainly not creep you out nor give you sleepless nights. I would recommend this game to you because you say you like Art Games, but I am not quite sure you'd enjoy it because you may expect too much of it. Why don't you try the prologue first? It's not a real demo but it does give you a taste of what the game is like.
http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/downloads.html
Posted By: drachehexe

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/24/09 01:45 AM

Well, for a $10 game I think you will get very good "mileage" from it. I mean just wandering through the place and doing next to nothing, looking at the dreamy landscape and listening to the creepy music is worth the price of admission alone.

But beyond that there is a lot this game has to offer, albeit it delivers at a very slow pace and in a somewhat obscure manner. If you contemplate it enough and absorb its deliciously hidden sub-textures it will take you very far for such an inexpensive game.
Posted By: Adventurer4Life

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 08/24/09 03:51 AM

hmmm nvr even heard of this... looks very cool... will check it out asap
Posted By: Laurette

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 06/15/10 11:37 PM

Just downloaded this game and started playing. This is about the weirdest game I've ever played. (not bad weird, just weird). Has anyone else played it? So far the girl is just wandering around, picking up flowers and meeting another kid and playing. It appears you have to pick 144 of a certain kind of flower. Any opinions? Thanks.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 06/15/10 11:54 PM

Hi Laurette -- this is more of an interactive art experience than a game. It has very dark themes. I would normally send this thread to the appropriate forum, but I'm not sure we have one. burger

EDIT: Err, am I imagining things or did I just wake up in the Boomer Reviews forum?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 06/16/10 12:10 AM

lol I sent it there since that is where we put the others. grin

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 06/16/10 12:24 PM

Aha! Nice to know I'm not losing my mind. Well, any more than usual. wave
Posted By: sccurrie

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 06/16/10 04:27 PM

Wow, -=sinotek=-
even if you were not right about the story, that is such a well thought out interpretation.
It's funny because I tried the demo for a short short while and thought I had a bad video card because the girl went so slow, ha ha.
Shelly
(and I didn't mean you were not right about the story)
Posted By: chrissie

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 06/29/10 09:48 PM

Hi sinotek, I thought your interpretation of The Path was very interesting. I have played through a chunk of the game & thought the concept & the mechanics of it were very good.

But, never mind the controversial aspects of it, I found it incredibly tedious,& it failed to entertain me for very long - it was just too slow & far too repetitive!

There has obviously been a lot of hard work & dedication gone into making the game but if only the makers of the game could have incorporated their ideas into more of an AG rather than to me a very boring 'art experience' it would have been a lot better. Even if it had to be released episodically with each girl. Well that's my thoughts but I did appreciate the idea and wonderful mechanics of the game! smile
Posted By: mcc

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 10/29/10 02:24 PM

Has anyone played this game? Does it run on W7? I don't see in the list that play or not by Draclvr. Since apparently it is download only I want to make sure. I have a W7/64-bit and and old XP that runs slowly but can play almost any game. I would prefer to download it in the W7.

Also, I don't see anything in the GameBoomers about this game even when it has good reviews elsewhere, is it good? Some places say to be adventure and others action. I play both, I don't if it is in the right forum.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 10/29/10 04:43 PM

Mcc -- The Path is an interactive art experience that toys with gaming conventions but that isn't really a game. For a viewpoint from an adventure gamer, try this review.
Posted By: mcc

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 10/30/10 12:52 AM

Thank you Becky!

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 10/31/10 04:14 PM

Than you for the link to the review Becky - I agree with it whole heartedly! Particularly on the pointless task of collecting flowers, objects & unlocking secret rooms which didn't seem to add to the game! I gave it a good shot but got so bored!
I've read comments on other forums from players who thought it was fantastic but sorry to be so rude but what are they on? What springs to mind with this game is 'Limbo of the Lost' i.e. developer(s) who had good ideas but couldn't see them through smile

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/01/10 12:41 PM

I suspect that revealing the gamer's expectations for what a game should be like is a significant part of what the developers were trying to do. I don't think I'd compare The Path to Limbo of the Lost, since what those developers were doing was illegal.

I think the developers got what effects they wanted and the affect on gamers that they wanted with The Path. I don't think they wanted it to be an adventure game, at least in the sense in which we all think of adventure games.

Doing something controversial was the point.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/01/10 06:50 PM

Hi Becky, if the point of The Path was to be controversial & not play as a conventional game why include pointless 'collecting' tasks more allied to those you might have in a casual game as mentioned in the review? In my mind it was a cheap gimmick thrown in to either 'add interest', or to prolong the painful experience of wandering around which became nearly as boring as watching paint dry. I don't like damning any 'game' but for me The Path offered neither a good gaming experience, or a good 'art' one for very long. Yes, there seems to be lots of people who like it but are they gamers? If the developers wanted to promote more of an 'arty' experience then the potential was there to make it far more interesting - personally I think the game sold because of it's controversial theme which will always attract attention even when the content is lacking!

The reason I compared it to Limbo of the Lost is that I felt both developers had good ideas but neither saw them through - in the case of LOTL they resorted to illegal means (as you mentioned) to realise their game & in the case of TP the idea, graphics & mechanics were wonderful but there was not much substance! (If that makes sense - it probably doesn't lol) The developers might have achieved what they set out to do but they had the potential to do it a lot better instead of relying on just the controversial nature & cheap tricks! smile

N.B. I think I compared the games because I felt cheated by both for different reasons.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/02/10 09:36 AM

lol I hear you. I'm not a great appreciator of controversy for the sake of itself, myself. laugh Though contemporary art does seem to use that as a fairly frequent theme.

The Path (from what I could tell) sold well on Steam -- that's a fairly hardcore gaming audience. My impression was that the publicity generated, for an Indie effort, was huge.

How far should developers go to generate publicity? That may have been part of what was going on with the The Path.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/02/10 07:30 PM

I think it's difficult to know why The Path sold well on Steam & other outlets - whether it was because of the theme or the promise of a different gaming experience. I'm glad that I tried it as it had artwork & effects that I'm sure other developers might kill for! I'm sure they along with the controversial theme contribute to it's popularity with some & it wouldn't surprise me if it gains cult status!

I'm quite open minded about controversial themes as long they are not portrayed in a gratuitious way which I can't accuse The Path of (so there may be a lot of disappointed downloadees of the game!) The game itself is not offensive just the concept for many people. But many like myself will find it a pointless & tedious experience within the first hour (although I did play for much longer than that out of curiousity)!
Posted By: Reenie

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/10/11 10:53 PM

I'm curious about this game. Sound unusual. Don't know who issued it.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/10/11 11:16 PM

Reenie -- you can find out more at the website here.
Posted By: traveler

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/13/11 10:06 PM

I played part of it, I suppose it must have been a demo because I sure wouldn't have paid for The Path. 'About as much fun as watching paint dry' is a good description and when you finally latch on to what seems to be happening...'distasteful' is a mild way of putting my reaction to it. I might recommend it to someone I didn't like.

Gil.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 11/14/11 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler
I might recommend it to someone I didn't like.

Gil.

rotfl

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/02/11 01:08 AM

looney,
I'm taking pity on you and posting a reply. You've been laughing so long you must be out of breath by now.

Gil.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/02/11 02:06 AM

Thanks Traveler, boy am I tired now. wave

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/02/11 02:58 AM

Now she is going to get tired waving. lol

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/02/11 03:23 AM

And long may she rave wave! grin

Gil.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/02/11 04:31 PM

You guys are too funny! Now I'm gonna dance happydance

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/03/11 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
You guys are too funny! Now I'm gonna dance happydance

Well, I know you're going to be doing it like Ginger, backwards and in high heels, so be careful and stay on the path. Or do I mean off The Path? No, if you're in it, you have to be on it to be safe....I think. Arrgh!

Gil.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 05:06 AM

Do the guys in the white coats happen to be anywhere close by ???? rotfl

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 03:17 PM

We do keep a team of white coats around just in case. They want to know: should they look for you on the path or off the path?

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 03:36 PM

If they're in The Path and stay on the path, they'll never get anywhere, but if they go off the path in The Path, they'll be eaten by grues. I suggest they take a lantern.

Gil.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 04:24 PM

I've instructed them to go in and improvise. cool

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 06:01 PM

You're all heart, boss. Meanwhile, l4l is innocently tap dancing her way through the deep, dark forest looking for a game to play. Will she survive? Will the team reach her in time?

Btw, I would volunteer for the team but I think I'm about to sprain my mouse finger. whistle

Gil.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 06:09 PM

I've just sent you a white coat, traveler, and appointed you Chief Rescuer. If your mouse finger hurts, that means you'll just have to take one for the team.

Hoo-ah! (Or something like that.) evil

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 06:20 PM

We regret to inform you that the person to whom you sent this package has moved and left no forwarding address.

Sincerely,

The United States Postal Service

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 09:57 PM

Becky wraps the package in colorful paper and zaps it onto Santa's sleigh.

L4L -- can you keep dancing until Christmas? santa

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 10:07 PM

Trusting that gaily wrapped package to :santa: might not be such a good idea if you want to get it there this Xmas considering he can't even find his icon. grin

Unknown at This Address

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/04/11 10:55 PM

Well I feel the "White Coats Brigade" are definitely NOT doing their job !! crazy crazy

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/05/11 08:35 AM

Santa will, in time, appear to fulfill the promise of his icon. Ooo,oooo!

Never underestimate Santa. grinch
I have a report back from the white coat brigade -- apparently there's a phone along the path somewhere. The white coats are passing the time while waiting for their leader by picking flowers and having conversations with the locals. A couple of the less reliable team members have left their white coats in the underbrush and gone rogue -- this is definitely against standard procedure. It's taking improvisation too far!

According to my source, L4L is quite the dancer. The reliable white coats are determined to get her out so that she can perform on "Dancing with the Stars."

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/05/11 05:46 PM

"I have a report back from the white coat brigade -- apparently there's a phone along the path somewhere."

There are phones everywhere artfully designed as flowers. They probably have the stems plugged into their ears and are paying no attention to where they're going.

"The white coats are passing the time while waiting for their leader by picking flowers and having conversations with the locals."

You can't trust anybody, can you? I think you or Mad should take over as leader, boss. Who else can deal with the gruesome things you find along The Path?

Old Unreliable

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/05/11 07:59 PM

Maybe these "flowers" are from the Flower Power era - you know - like the famous "mushrooms ??

Could explain a lot !! rotfl

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/05/11 09:39 PM

Uh oh, are you on 'shrooms, too, Mad? Guess that leaves it up to Becky. evil

Lost in Rubacava

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/06/11 04:24 AM

You think Becky isn't into the mushrooms ???? whistle

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/06/11 05:43 AM

Who? The boss of you and me? Why, she's as pure and upright as...as.... Okay, maybe you have a point. frown

Under a Rock Somewhere and Not Coming Out

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/06/11 11:24 AM

I'm into mushrooms if they're dead, chopped and sauteed.

Two team members have returned! One claims he got out of The Path by tunneling under grandma's house. The odd thing is that he's wearing his white coat inside-out-and-backwards -- he has no explanation for this and says it must have happened while he was dancing the Samba.

The other team member is in ghastly shape. He walks with slow, jerky movements, stares into space and repeats the words: "not enough rooms, what did I miss?" over and over. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's been transformed into a zombie.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/06/11 08:58 PM

This thread is more fun and entertaining than the game! lol

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/06/11 09:26 PM

I agree Ana rotfl

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/06/11 09:55 PM

You're back, L4L! I can come out from under this rock! Oh, thank heaven for small favors.

But you've stopped dancing and you're laughing again. Nooooo! That means...that means...we have to start all over? sick

And Becky had you all set to go Dancing with the Stars. Sigh. Well, she still has that white coat for a team leader and I'm sure it will fit Mad.

grin

You know, as weird as this game is and as...er, different as this review has turned out to be, it can't hold a candle to that discussion in the Casual forum. They're over there talking about how to avoid blowing up babies. I dunno....

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/07/11 08:38 AM

Hah !!

Maybe we should ALL don white coats and head on over to "Casual" then.

I'm sure we could give 'em a pointer or two rotfl

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/07/11 09:52 PM

I agree, Mad. They need you and me and Becky to inject some sanity into that discussion.

"Not enough 'shrooms rooms, what did I miss?" Like that.

Gil.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/07/11 10:18 PM

"inject some sanity "

Us ??

Now there's food for thought laugh laugh

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/07/11 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
"inject some sanity "

Us ??

Now there's food for thought laugh laugh

Now WHY would anyone want to do that? penguin

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/08/11 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Now WHY would anyone want to do that? penguin

Who's in there with you, L4L? Did you meet up with the team member who has her white coat on inside out and backwards? grin

Snow Shoo

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/08/11 09:20 PM

"Who's in there with you, L4L? "

Besides the mushrooms, that is .... evil

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/09/11 04:25 PM

Well, the shrooms are all gone...I ate them sad

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/09/11 05:07 PM

Ho-ho-ho! Santa has arrived! He's brought me a toad costume, which will shrink me and make it possible to visit The Path in disguise and leave in the pocket of someone exiting via grandma's house.

I now have to break the code imbedded in the interior of the box before unwrapping the disguise. I have here a device with the following instructions:

"Input the following precisely:

10 L0rds a-leapin'9 l@adies dancin'

Special Note from Santa: if you don't input the apostrophes correctly, the device (and everything else within ten feet) will spontaneously combust. Suggest moving into the open before attempting this.

Ho-ho-ho!:

Jolly, isn't he? santadance

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/09/11 07:24 PM

I just hope that's a male toad costume. Sigh. Little Red Riding Toad might find an alligator instead of a wolf waiting for her in Grandma's house if it isn't.

That jolly old elf plays too many FPS if you ask me, lobbing grenades like that at you. If you don't have enough apostrophes let me know. I have an extra apenstaartje around, too. Best of luck, O Medieval Admin! (Was that a boom I heard?)

grinch

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/09/11 08:18 PM

Becky stands in an open field west of a white house. A young girl in a red hooded cape skips by. The girl is humming a song that sounds like "School's Out For Summer!"

Apenstaartje. What IS that? Is it an attempt at distraction? Becky reads the definition:

Quote:
Ook wordt wel gezegd dat het apenstaartje al in het twaalfde-eeuwse Toscane zou zijn ontstaan. Het symbool was dan een samensmelting...

Clearly this is another code! Let's see, maybe it translates: "Look at wood well grazed, that heat apenstaartje! All in heat twaddle-field. Eeewwww! To escapin' you sign on standin' heat symbol. Was that eensy someone smelting..."

Wait! Is that something burning that I smell? It sure is hot here! Wouldn't want to become a hot toady too soon.

Maybe I'll try this tomorrow instead.

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/09/11 09:39 PM

'Scuse me, I'm still wheezing...tears running down my face because I laughed too hard...all your fault, Becky!

An apenstaartje is one of those symbols in the code you had better get right but it's one that doesn't have a real name in English. Dutch was much more productive and the Dutch have a history of doing impossible things with a mouse finger, sticking it in a dike to stop a flood, for instance, so using their word seemed logical. After all, flood...explosion...what's the difference?

Now you're thinking about becoming a hot toady and risking all to investigate this game for us. A hot toady with a mouse finger. You are an unusual, indeed a unique person, boss. I cannot wait for your further adventures on The Path.

Reiziger

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/10/11 12:13 AM

The difference between a flood and an explosion. This is supposed to be a trick question, right? mad12 One is quicker?

Thanks for your confidence in me. I'll try to live up to it! broccoli12

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/10/11 12:35 AM

Would somebody please tell me what a juggling stalk of broccoli means? It doesn't even have a Santa hat on.

Dimbulb

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/10/11 02:31 AM

It's juggling Christmas lights. It's sparkling, like the season. It carries Christmas in its heart. And in its hair.

You gotta problem with the broccoli? razz12

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/10/11 03:08 AM

I'm mad for broccoli. I love to chew off their little green heads and crunch their delectable little bodies. But if I ever see one jumping around like that on my plate, I will personally sit it in front of the computer and load The Path. That'll fix it. grin12

Re: The Path... Interesting little game (Contains spoilers!) - 12/10/11 06:38 AM

Heck !! That sounds pretty drastic, traveler !! eek12

Poor happy little dancin' broccoli pacify

[And I thought it was the mushrooms that were causing the strange effects lol12]

© 2024 GameBoomers Community