GB HOMEPAGE

Stardrop - A Space Adventure

Posted By: GreyFuss

Stardrop - A Space Adventure - 02/18/19 10:39 PM

Finished Stardrop and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and entertained. Took me a smidgen over 8 hours to complete and enjoyed the time very much. The voice talent was fantastic. I do have to say that I am turned off by a lot of games in the last few years that supposedly use only the WASD keys and several other keys to play the game with. I also dislike the fact that there is no manual save system in some of the new releases.

Don't let Stardrops WASD movement and the list of keys needed to play the game dissuade you. If you have a programmable Mouse this is what you can do with Stardrop. For movement all you need to do is program one of your buttons (I always use the Scroll Wheel button, not the Scroll Wheel but its Button) for the W key. Thats all you need for movement as holding this button down moves you forward and you use you mouse to point in the direction you want to go. Wha La no keys needed to move in the game.

There were only 3 other keys I used which I assumed could also be programmed to the mouse if you have a mouse with many button options..

The Q key opens up your personal Data Pad where you can see all the communications and information found in your travels of searching 2 space vessels. and a Map.

The E key which is used to interact with or read the various Crew Data Pads you find throughout the ships.

The Z key which you can use to zoom in on something you picked up which for me was only a handful of times.

There are the typical keys to use like Control key to Crouch but I found it really isn't necessary to use it. The Shift key to run but I have a suggestion to help with that.

You can't die and there isn't any, what I consider, puzzling. Mostly finding codes and passwords to access computers or different areas of the ships. There is a couple places where you try to avoid androids seeing you or security cameras but they were easy to get by and if they did spot you all you had to do was reset a security terminal and go again.

Stardrop has a great Save system and I really wish all these games that have come out in the last few years with no Manual Save system and only Save Checkpoints would adopt. Its so simple. On the ships, there are data terminals mounted on walls where you just walk up to them, press the E key and it automatically says “Data Saved” which means that your game is saved up until that point. These data terminals are all over the place and if you can't find one all you need to do to find the nearest one is to open your personal Data Pad Q Key and access the Map feature. Now, its true, the game only saves that last time you use the Terminal but I would think one could always create a folder on their computer save all the Steam saves for Stardrop if needed. Every time you play the game it asks you if you want to start from the last save or not.

A couple of suggestions in the Option Menu....Check the walking speed to Fast, the defaut walk is so slow. You can still run, this just speeds up the walking pace.
Toggle off the Helmet view. All this is is your first person view is like looking through a helmet opening which I found distracting. Toggling this to off just removes the view from inside the helmet and doesn't change the game at all.

Stardrop ran flawlessly on my Win7 64 bit computer with not one problem. The story was interesting as were the 3 characters. Not a difficult game... I had fun
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Stardrop - A Space Adventure - 02/19/19 02:07 AM

Thanks for the review Greyfuss!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community