GB HOMEPAGE

A First Look at Encodya by flotsam

Posted By: Jenny100

A First Look at Encodya by flotsam - 02/07/21 05:34 PM

Encodya

A First Look by flotsam

[Linked Image]

I am about two hours into this third-person cyber-punk outing, accompanying 9-year-old Tina and her guardian robot SAM as they traverse the streets, alleys and rooftops of Neo-Berlin.

Self described as "the sweetness and creativity of Studio Ghibli in a Blade Runner like setting, with the humor and game style of Monkey Island"
I can see where they are coming from. It does have that feel, although the humor element hasn't come to the fore as yet.
Perhaps as I spend more time with the two playable protagonists it will develop.

Encodya looks good, 3D character models presented on pre-rendered backgrounds. It sounds good too.

Gameplay is point and click and promises more than 100 locations with more than 30 other characters. To date I have scrounged and used things, run errands to get some other things, and combined some of those things, all in the cause of progression. A biggish reveal has just occurred, which promises to make the exploring from this point on more than just about getting by.

Save at will, tweak settings, choose your difficulty level. Cutscenes occur throughout. Switch between Tina and SAM at will, necessary sometimes and just for fun at others.

At this stage, Encodya looks like providing some engaging hours to come.

© 2024 GameBoomers Community