GB HOMEPAGE

Re: Re:Turn2 Runaway, A First Look by flotsam

Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Re:Turn2 Runaway, A First Look by flotsam - 11/23/22 02:08 AM

[Linked Image]

Self described as a psychological horror adventure game, this is a sequel that apparently follows directly on from the earlier game. I say apparently because I didn't play the first game and it has taken me a while to get to this. One needs to be in the mood to take on a 2D side scrolling bit of anime tinged monster dodging.

Saki and her fiancé Sen, are trapped on an abandoned train that is haunted by an evil spirit that takes the form of a little girl named Ayumi. Battle your way through the train says the Steam page, which is what I have started to do.

Or rather I have started to hide. A lot. I can dodge the beast that shambles towards me, once it gets close enough, but running and finding one of the little pop-up hiding icons is currently my go to activity. It took me a while to realise that if the beast sees you hide then you aren't really hiding (duh!), and that you get puffed running too much so be aware of your stamina. But I have settled in and am ready for what lies ahead.

Exploring is key, as there are things to find, and different little icons will pop-up to assist. You can combine things in your inventory, and selecting items will cause them to try to be used when standing at a hotspot.

Everything is done with the keyboard, which can be a little fiddly, but again you tend to settle in after a bit of play. It sounds suitably creepy, and you spend a lot of time in the dark, your only illumination being your flashlight. Candles throughout the train function as save points, and it's a good idea to save often. Being caught by the beast will restart you from your last save.

I have a ways to go, but am up for the challenge.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community