GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
John Halpern crossword sessions #1242015
02/27/21 04:20 AM
02/27/21 04:20 AM
Isle of Man
Lex Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Lex  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Isle of Man
Something which may be of interest to some of you, copied from an email invitation: more info on his website www.johnhalpern.co.uk catrub

Hi Everyone,

UK and them. Them and US.

An American theme today in a UK crossword - just the perfect opportunity to discuss where our crossword styles coincide, and where they don’t. Invite your US friends along, why not. Cryptic crosswords have never taken off in the same way on the western side of the Atlantic, but perhaps they will after this Zoom call!

It’s on Saturday Feb 27, 7.30pm GMT (2.30pm EST), where we’ll be discussing the differences between US and UK cryptic crosswords.

For those of you who haven’t come along before, on each Zoom with John Halpern event I tell you a little about that day’s Guardian cryptic crossword - which I wrote - and you can ask any questions you have about it. Then we have a go at writing clues. Sometimes we have special guests from the wordplay world, and sometimes we discuss other crossword topics.

Don’t worry if you’ve never written a clue: you can just watch and learn - everyone is welcome - and you can come along to our FREE Zoom events whenever it suits you.

You may still have questions you wish to ask, and I’m more than happy to answer them!

We are really growing our friendly wordplay community, and having a lot of fun at the same time.

So, join me, John Halpern, Saturday Feb 27, 7.30pm GMT (2.30pm EST)….

…because being together is important, and playing word games together is a lot of fun.

All the best, take care, and see you soon

John Halpern

aka Paul, Dada, Mudd, Punk, Mara

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Re: John Halpern crossword sessions [Re: Lex] #1242038
02/27/21 11:31 AM
02/27/21 11:31 AM
Alabama
soot Online content
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Online Content
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Lex wave

looks like I was too late for today's session ... never got an invite ... oh well ... maybe the next time ... I kept getting 'error messages' when trying to get an invite

Are these public sessions held on a regular basis?

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Pandora, soot, Urban Worrier 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Draclvr, oldbroad, Darlene), 371 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users