GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#105658 - 10/12/04 01:50 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
What books do you actually have, Betty Lou... think

#105659 - 10/12/04 02:06 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I have the first 10 books in the first 10 slots on the top shelf. And the rest of the slots both shelves are presently empty. I know at one time I saw there were 36 books in their slots but can't remember when I saw them and can't figure out what happened to them.
Love, Betty Lou

#105660 - 10/12/04 02:43 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, if you are just starting POTS, which you should have in the way of books is this:

Left wall of hut: ten books on top shelf, none on bottom shelf

Right wall of hut: two books on top shelf, six on bottom shelf

The ones on the right wall are not essential to the game, they just give clues, which you will see in the form of numbers throughout POTS...

#105661 - 10/12/04 04:00 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

OK, so then which book are you talking about my picking and using to start POTS? At one time, somewhere in this game, I had 36 books on the left hand set of bookshelves, now I only have 10. The books on the shelf to the right of the wardrobe are journals and will not 'link' me anywhere. What do I do now? You said to choose the farthest book on the left shelves ?second shelf? but there are none there......just call me confused
Love, Betty Lou

#105662 - 10/12/04 04:05 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

The books I have on the left hand set of shelves are: left to right, 1 thru 10: 1. Cleft; 2. Gahreesen; 3. Teledahn; 4. Kadish; 5. Eder Gira; 6. Eder Kemo; 7. Ae'gura; 8. Bevin/Kirel; 9. Nexus; 10. Ae'gura library
Love, Betty Lou

#105663 - 10/12/04 04:08 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Sorry, Betty Lou, I didn't mean to confuse you. Hang on for a few minutes, until I can put my game in and see exactly what is where.

Okay, I've gone into my game--the first nine books on my shelf are just as you describe, but the tenth is not the Aegura Library--in fact, I've never seen a book for that!

Try clicking on the linking picture in that tenth book. If all is well, you should be in a circular room with alcoves all around it, only a couple of which you can enter. You'll find linking books to the two ages in the alcove to the left of where you are standing...

#105664 - 10/12/04 07:27 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Ahhhhhhhhh, !. Will go give it a try.
Just out of curiousity, I DID see a full bookshelf at one point, and I counted the books = 36, so what happened to them, when did I lose them? And I wonder how come I did not notice this until now. mmmmmmm
Love, Betty Lou

#105665 - 10/12/04 07:30 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Were you ever in URU Live, Betty Lou? I remember see that whole bunch of books too, but I don't recall exactly where it was. You couldn't open any of the ones down at the bottom shelf...

#105666 - 10/13/04 11:39 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

No, never was on URU live, bought the game after it closed, used at EB at the mall, paid $18 and of course no shipping. Am I a great BAAGer, or what? And Jenny, I could kiss you so here :kiss: for saving my sanity, what little of it there was left after wandering around in D'ni and being unable to finish it.....wanted to throw the disc out the 100th floor window, and I live in a single ground level house! I do not actually swim in real life, but find that all this swimming in that 'ocean' is fun, tiring, but great exercise. Now if it would only work to make me lose weight to sit here and keep swimming rotfl and kicking crabs was fun too! Maybe sometime soon I will finally reach that tower island....gotta keep on truckin' Thanks again, never thought to click on that 10th book, and when I did it sure looked like the spiral staircase inside the library.
Love, Betty Lou laugh

#105667 - 10/13/04 11:45 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
Betty Lou, you saw all of the books in the shelf when you went to Phil's Relto. I don't remember seeing all of the books at any other time.
Sue

#105668 - 10/13/04 12:13 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

AH, SOOOOOOO!!! Thanks for clearing that one up, Sue.

Betty Lou, have you discovered all the different ways you can swim? I especially loved the backstroke, although it certainly wasn't what you'd want to use for quick getting around! laugh

The walkthrough is very good on this part, but you must follow it exactly, which is what I wound up doing, or I'd have never gotten through this part... blush

#105669 - 10/13/04 02:37 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Yes, the swimming is fun, and I learned how by accidently falling off when I herded a couple of crabs to the edge.....backstroke too.
However, I have the w/t and am trying to do exactly what it says "....jump onto the closest stone in the water. Jump to the other one. Making sure you are in running mode jump into the water in a north western direction." I am not sure how one determines which is a 'north western direction' - n.w.d. from what landmark in the distance to gauge this on? I have made it to that tower/island once but could not seem to scramble up from the ledge and fell off back into the swift current carrying me away from it. Just how many minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years do I have to have my finger on my up arrow key to make it......?
Love, Betty Lou
frown

#105670 - 10/13/04 04:47 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, this is a tricky part--the way to do it is to make sure that the bubbles from your swim stay to the left of your body. Also, when you get close to the tower, there is a ledge that goes around it that you can often use to get onto the steps.

And I think when they say "northwest" they mean toward the upper and left of the computer screen...

#105671 - 10/20/04 04:14 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

smile happydance happydance happydance laugh YIPPEE! YAHOOEY! I did it! I swam to the tower island and found that picture and copied it, because I am not sure if I got a picture of it or not when I tried to....It has been several days since I tried to get back to this game and this time when I linked there with the last book on my shelf at Relto I was so surprised to see that I had 'missed' a crab on the lake/island - so I went and kicked him off and proceeded to try a couple of times to get to the tower and did it, but NO CRAB! very strange. NOW how did that crab swim/get from the tower island to the BIG island where the linking book is? I have no idea but needed to go out there and see that picture anyway and did not realize, until I fell off and swam back to the big island and looked at the signal tower again, that there was only one square/light lit up. So have proceeded on.......YEA! what fun! Thanks for all your help.
Love, Betty Lou

#105672 - 10/20/04 04:43 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

bravo thumbsup

As for the crab, don't forget they can swim, Betty Lou! Sometimes when people get totally frustrated trying to get out to the tower, they find if they leave the game and come back, the crab has moved to the mainland...

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (manxman, Pandora, looney4labs, BrownEyedTigre, mj2c, Mikael, oldbroad, mcc, InlandAZ, 1 invisible), 72 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind, maggieann
8524 Registered Users