GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sunday Sunshine #1063269
04/16/16 10:14 PM
04/16/16 10:14 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

````````````````````

A defendant isn’t happy with 
how things are going in court, so he gives the judge a hard time.

Judge: “Where do you work?”

Defendant: “Here and there.”

Judge: “What do you do for 
a living?”

Defendant: “This and that.”

Judge: “Take him away.”

Defendant: “Wait; when will I get out?”

Judge: “Sooner or later.”

```````````````````````````````

While on patrol, I arrested a burglar who’d injured himself running from a home. He told me he’d broken in and unhooked the phone before searching for valuables. But he’d panicked when he heard a woman’s voice. I entered the house and heard the same voice: “If you’d like to make a call, please hang up and try your call again.”

```````````````````````

Workplace Tips for Bond Villains
The James Bond film Spectre opens in November. Writer Peter 
Anspach explains how he’d improve his odds if he were a film villain.

• I will not fly into a rage and 
kill a messenger who brings me 
bad news just to illustrate how evil 
I am. Good messengers are hard 
to come by.

• My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use. Also, I will not construct walkways above them.

• If I’m eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then have 
to leave the table for any reason, 
I will order new drinks for both 
of us instead of trying to decide whether to switch with him.

• My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

• When I’ve captured my adversary and he says, “Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?” I’ll say no and finish him off.

``````````````````````````

Six Dumb Questions Real 
Lawyers Asked In Court
“How many times have you 
committed suicide?”
“Were you alone or by yourself?”
“Was it you or your brother who was killed?”
“Without saying anything, tell the jury what you did next.”
“Was that the same nose you broke as a child?”
“Now, doctor, isn’t it true that when a person dies in his sleep, 
he doesn’t know about it until the next morning?”

````````````````````

The World's Dumbest Criminals: The Inanity Defense

You’re a dumb criminal if …

… You believe flattery will get you anywhere. Adan Juarez Ramirez had it all figured out—he could be a cop without having to take the boring test. But he was arrested in Grapevine, Texas, after pulling over a driver in his pickup truck, outfitted with flashing lights. He even had an ID badge, which he’d made by blacking out a restaurant gift card and etching in the word "POLICE." However, he’d kept the restaurant’s logo, a jalapeño pepper surrounded by the words "Chipotle Mexican Grill."

… You leave IOUs. Graham Price of South Wales ripped off the bank where he worked, but he wasn’t completely duplicitous. He left a note in the safe: "Borrowed, seven million pounds"—signed "Graham Price."

… You vastly overrate your powers of persuasion. Marlon Moore of Miami filed a fraudulent tax return, and the IRS promptly sent him a $10,000 refund. So figuring, Why not try my luck again?, he sent in three more tax returns. But even the IRS raised an eyebrow at cutting him a check for the total amount of the refunds: more than $14 trillion. Moore pleaded guilty to cashing the $10,000 check.

… You think presidents need a promotion. James Rhyne of Memphis was charged with forgery after he handed a waitress a $100 bill. The waitress knew something was funny with the money: Instead of the portly visage of Ben Franklin, it was the star of the $5 bill, Abe Lincoln, who was staring back at her.

… You leave a paper trail. Hickory, North Carolina, cops were able to solve in record time the mystery of the two cash registers purloined from the Captain’s Galley restaurant. Their big break came when they discovered a trail of white register tape. They followed it 50 yards to an apartment, where, they say, Donny Guy was cracking the registers open.

… You love too much. Maybe Stephfon Bennett should try online dating. After he and two accomplices allegedly mugged a couple in Columbus, Ohio, police say he found the woman’s ID in her purse, then showed up at her door with a simple proposal: How about a date? Since a girl likes to play hard to get, she called the cops, who arrested Bennett outside her home.

… You skimp on travel expenses. Twelve Middle Eastern immigrants forgot the first rule of sneaking into a country: Don’t call attention to yourself. En route to England from Germany, they snuck a ride in the back of a man’s truck. They stayed mum throughout their trip, even as they crossed the Channel into England. But once they hit Dover, they celebrated their arrival with songs and whoops. Not for long, though. The startled driver headed to a police station, where the 12 were apprehended.

… You’re not picky about your office location. Christopher Oxley of Everett, Washington, was arrested for conducting a drug deal over the phone—in the bathroom of the Everett Police Department.

… You’re convinced the laws of physics don’t apply to you. Clive Halford thinks big! The British career criminal stole a truck and loaded it with 18 pallets of stolen nickel and copper worth around £150,000 (about $250,000). Yes, the haul was huge—too huge. Cops arrested Halford after the truck’s suspension collapsed under the weight. Earlier, Halford had stolen a car, overloaded it, and broken its suspension too.

… You text and rob. Nicholas Greenly dropped his cell phone near where an 84-year-old woman had her purse snatched in Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania. Cops suspected that he might be involved in the crime when they read the phone’s last outgoing text message: "I am ready to grab some old lady’s purse."

… You play both roles in a game of cops and robbers. Being a key suspect in a robbery wasn’t going to stop Romeo Montillano from realizing his dream of becoming a Chula Vista, California, police officer. Unfortunately for Montillano, his would-be colleagues put the kibosh on his plans, arresting him when he showed up to take the entrance exam. As he was led away, Montillano had one question: Could he take the test later? His request was denied.

… You make every day Take Your Child to Work Day. Callie Rough of Middletown, Ohio, was picked up for shoplifting from a Dollar General store with her two young children in tow. Among the booty was a book, 101 Ways to Be a Great Mom.

… You take the holidays too seriously. Robert E. Dendy of upstate New York presented the local police station with a Christmas wreath. Since the officers were well acquainted with Dendy, they did some snooping and arrested him for stealing the wreath from a store down the block.

… You let your supply of antismoking patches run out. An Indiana state trooper stopped a car for a traffic violation. When a passenger, Honesty Knight, asked if she could smoke, the officer said yes. She proceeded, police say, to light up a joint.

… You air your neighbor’s dirty laundry. As she walked around her neighbor’s yard sale in Severn, Maryland, the woman couldn’t help admiring the items. The Oriental rug, the luggage, the shoes—they were exactly her style. And why not? They were hers, as was everything else on display. David Perticone says somebody sold him the stuff. But cops think Perticone did the deed himself.

… You can’t let go of your friends. Two New Zealand prisoners had the brilliant idea of fleeing the courthouse while tethered together by handcuffs. They might have escaped had a light pole not gotten between them. Like a pair of click-clacks, they slammed into each other and were arrested trying to get back to their feet.

… You neglect to look up local hotels on your GPS. Mitchell Deslatte walked into a Baton Rouge, Louisiana, hotel and asked the clerk for a room. Only, the clerk wasn’t a clerk—he was a state trooper. And the hotel was actually a state trooper station. That’s when Deslatte was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.

… You don’t know when to write off a loss. John Opperman-Green robbed a Kissimmee, Florida, 7-Eleven, then called the cops to complain when he tried to hitch a ride with strangers, who, in turn, robbed him.

… You harbor grudges. Joseph Goetz’s alleged attempt to rob a York Pennsylvania bank met with some snags. Cops say the first teller he tried to rob fainted and the next two insisted they had no cash in their drawers. Fed up, Goetz stormed out, threatening to write an angry letter to the bank.

… You leave a far too indelible impression. Victims of a home robbery in Riverview, Florida, easily picked out Sean Roberts from police photos. Turns out, there aren’t too many other people with a map of Florida tattooed on their face. Still, Roberts is pleading not guilty.

… You depend on the kindness of strangers. Christopher Wilson of Spokane left his name and phone number with clerks at a home-improvement store should anyone find something of his that he’d dropped, according to police. They did find something, and Wilson was arrested for possession of methamphetamines.

… Even your wardrobe turns against you. When pleading guilty to a DUI charge, let your lawyer do the talking. New Zealander Keisha Lee Kubala ignored that sensible advice and instead showed up in court wearing a T-shirt that said it all: "Miss Wasted."

```````````````````````````

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Today is Sunday April 17th. happydance

Be sure and mark it on your calendars. thumbsup

Me being different of course means I have to mark it 'off' of my calendar, because it's one less day I have to live, before I can go out and do something that I live for. razz

I love to hunt heads, and if loving to hunt heads is wrong, I don't wanna be right. slapforehead

I hate when my love of music influences what comes out of my mouth. rolleyes

Unless I'm singing that is.

Then everyone else hates it when my love of music influences what comes out of my mouth. yes

My neighbors tell me it keeps them awake at night.

I told them I can't help it if I sing in my sleep.

They said that they don't hear me singing at all. It's my dogs howling.

Speaking of sleep, I've gotta go give my dogs something to howl about.

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 04/16/16 10:55 PM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063273
04/16/16 11:31 PM
04/16/16 11:31 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Joe, hope all your rain comes while you are sleeping so you can enjoy your head hunting!

Have a happy day all!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063280
04/17/16 02:58 AM
04/17/16 02:58 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Good morning all,have a relaxing Sunday. happydance spring

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063288
04/17/16 05:02 AM
04/17/16 05:02 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
spring Good Morning Joe, Ana, Haroula and everyone. Enjoy your day Joe. You have a relaxing day too Haroula. Ana how's the ankle? Coffee and tea are ready. Hope you all have a day filled with sunshine! spring

Gerry
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063295
04/17/16 07:05 AM
04/17/16 07:05 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. I had a good time, but didn't win any money yesterday. The seas were very rough yesterday. We had to sign a release before we could get on the ship. Have a Wonderful Sunday everyone. Breakfast out and grocery shopping today. Danish, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns, BB Pancakes, and Toast in the NC. spring

Connie
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063298
04/17/16 08:28 AM
04/17/16 08:28 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers wavegirl

Joe, enjoy whatever you decide to do today.

Ana, have a great day!

Haroula, good day wishes to you.

Gerry, enjoy the nice weather.

Connie, sorry you didn't win anything yesterday but glad you enjoyed it.

Off to church this morning. Eating lunch out with the girls today. Wishing everyone a wonderful day! lab

Gail
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063310
04/17/16 10:44 AM
04/17/16 10:44 AM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good morning Joe Ana Haroula Gerry Connie Gail laugh

Rain Rain, Go Joe's Way, And Stay There Almost Every Day

Woo Hoo Hoo a cuppa to go with my danish, eggs and bacon...you can't beat that

Drive safe Gail

Have a Super Sunday everyone!

wave2

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063311
04/17/16 10:54 AM
04/17/16 10:54 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
It's my daughters birthday today!!!! We are having a surprise party too. I don't think that she suspects anything either. lol As far as she knows, I am taking her out for dinner and then the kids are taking her to kareoke!! But they will be at the restaurant before we get there and have the room all decorated and surprise her!!! Can't wait!!! happydance

Joe I hope that all that rain washes up some good arrows for you!! Thanks for the chuckles and have a lovely day!

Ana have a lovely day!

Haroula have a lovely day!

Gerry thanks for the tea and have alovely day!

Connie, as long as you had fun it was all good! thanks for the goodies and have a lovely day!

Gail enjoy church and have a nice time out for lunch! Have a lovely day!

Soot have a lovely day!!

wave
Nan

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063313
04/17/16 11:18 AM
04/17/16 11:18 AM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sounds like a wonderful time Nan ... Have fun and drive safe!

wave

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: soot] #1063316
04/17/16 11:26 AM
04/17/16 11:26 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good morning Boomers. wave

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063320
04/17/16 11:40 AM
04/17/16 11:40 AM
Delaware, USA
SharonB Offline
Addicted Boomer
SharonB  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Delaware, USA
Good morning Boomers! I've been up all night playing a match 3 game and I'm beat. I was only going to try it and then I wanted to play a few minutes more and now I haven't been to bed. I have no self discipline (sp?) Now I'm going to eat something and then go take a nap. I'm glad it's Sunday. laugh Have a great day Boomers.

SharonB catrub

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063324
04/17/16 12:06 PM
04/17/16 12:06 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good morning SQF and Sharon! It sounds like you had a grand time Sharon yes

Dan
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: SharonB] #1063325
04/17/16 12:07 PM
04/17/16 12:07 PM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave2 Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers and hope your Sunday Sunshine is stupendous!

Hey, Nan! birthday to your daughter! Woohoo and booyah!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

An easy peasy day planned! Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

Alrighty, off to see what's afoot!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1063378
04/17/16 09:15 PM
04/17/16 09:15 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hey Darlene ... easy peasy days are wonderful!

Night all ... it's time to hit the sack and prep for another work week.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday!

sleep

Dan
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: soot] #1063408
04/18/16 01:58 AM
04/18/16 01:58 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good night Boomers. sleep

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 502 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users