GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#106428 - 12/05/04 01:33 PM Return to Mysterious Island
desertlilac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
Enjoying this game no end - playing without peeking at a WT. Have collected quite a few things for inventory, have eaten most everything - oysters, eggs, crabs; still can't get the fish in the pond yet, have wandered around and seem stuck as to where/what to do next. Can someone give me a hint only - don't want to look at my WT and ruin things. Think I have to eat more to move the logs on the side of the mt. but not sure what to eat now. Just a nudge/hint will do and thanks. bravo

#106429 - 12/05/04 01:40 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
You could look for something to use as bait.

Sue

#106430 - 12/05/04 01:45 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
desertlilac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Gee Texaslady - have the worms, and Y shaped stick but think I need more to make a fishing pole like instrument. Am I on the right track? If I remember right when I combined the worms with the stick, there were two more items I needed so am looking for something to tie the worms onto the stick and something to fashion as a hook to get the fish.

#106431 - 12/05/04 02:06 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Yes ma'am you are on the right track. Have you seen any vines that might work as a line? Have you seen anything around your general area that might be used as a hook, maybe something that would hurt if you ran into it?

Sue

#106432 - 12/05/04 06:07 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
desertlilac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ah ha - am on the right tract. Had thought of vines but just have not found one yet and I have a bent rusty nail - that would do as a hook I believe. laugh

#106433 - 12/05/04 06:12 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Where did you find a rusty nail DL? I never saw one. Serious question

Sue

#106434 - 12/06/04 11:44 AM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
desertlilac Offline
Addicted Boomer

If I remember right it was either in the trunk or around the rotting boat on the beach.

Also have another question - because I am not following a WT, I tend to pick up everything I find that I can. Now I have a full inventory and some things in the holding area. Have tried to combine as much as possible to free up space but still need more slots. Have several things in the holding area waiting to be placed and in trying to combine some of these with other things, I have one item that I cannot put back down in the holding area - it just stays with my cursor so that I cannot do much of anything. Certainly cannot pick anything else up in the game.

Where have I gone wrong or what other feature might I use so that I can manage the huge amount of inventory items that I have. I have combined as much as possible but nothing much left that will go with other things.

And since I am 'hooked' with an item that I can't put down in order to do anything in inventory, am at a loss as how to proceed in the game. Don't want to rely on a WT to pick up items in some order to prevent the 'mess' I am in now:) Spoils the game for me. Any suggestions?

#106435 - 12/06/04 11:47 AM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hello DL, there are tabs on top of your inventory area, click a tab and dump out everything that you are carrying.

Sue

#106436 - 12/06/04 12:30 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Sue and DL!

I thought the 8 different inventory sections was a great idea because it enabled me to sort things in groups (food items, weapons, wood, etc.) so they could be easily accessed when needed.

Susan

#106437 - 12/06/04 12:36 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

I thought it was a dandy idea too, once I figured it out that is. I did the same thing that DL did, wandered around with a ton of stuff in a holding pattern. As usual, I'm a bit slow to figure things out.

Sue wave

#106438 - 12/06/04 12:36 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
desertlilac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas Lady - after I dump everything does that mean I lose them all?

Sue - missed this idea. Will look again and are you saying that there are sections where you can store more than one item. All I saw so far where the slots where only one item can be stored at a time. Must check this all out again.

Terrific little game - enjoying it no end.

#106439 - 12/06/04 12:39 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Oh, no you don't lose them. You just have a massive inventory to stash things in. Look above the slots, you should see rusty tabs at the top, those are your pages of inventory. It won't spoil your game though if you do separate weapons you have from foods. It will make it easier. Before I figured out how to put things together to make 1 item, I had six pages full of odds and ends.

Sue

#106440 - 12/06/04 12:46 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

I see where I mislead you DL, sorry. I meant that once you open up a new page in your inventory you could dump whatever was in the holding area into inventory.

Sue

#106441 - 12/06/04 01:28 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
desertlilac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Gee guys (ladies) thanks for the tips. I did not have a booklet with this game and so had to experiment to find out how to use cursor, pick up things, use inventory etc. I missed the tab feature entirely and soon caught onto how to organize within the tabs. Had a ball doing so.

So relieved because I had I think 2-3 ton of things to use. Now that I am in the know can get back to doing and not peeking at the inventory ever so often to see if I had missed something. No need now to worry; I can spread out and use the inventory correctly.

Gee what a neat little game - wish they were all such fun. These kinds of puzzles are my speed. Do enjoy other games but when the puzzles are so complicated, mathematical or one needs real manual dexterity, I get soooo frustrated. Using saved games are nice - but I want to do it myself!!!!

This game is fun not frustrating.

#106443 - 12/06/04 02:49 PM Re: Return to Mysterious Island
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, DL!

I also used one of the inventory sections for the items that could be combined, but one or more items was missing from the equation. That way, when I found the missing item, I didn't have to search through my entire inventory for the other items.

Susan

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (petert, kjos, RebKean, 1 invisible), 78 Guests and 133 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users