GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#106668 - 09/30/04 12:47 AM Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Well, since people are starting to get their hands on this game, I thought I'd start a Quest thread. Anyone who wants to play Myst IV Revelation as a team, this is where to do it!

Although our goal in this Quest will probably not be to write a walkthrough (Myst games always seem to spontaneously generate lots of walkthroughs) it would help Gameboomers significantly if many of us became so familiar with the challenges in this game that we can easily help others in the Hints forum in the future (and there will be lots of confused gamers playing this game for years to come!).

Note: as always, if you are posting something that could obviously give away the solution to a puzzle or a plot element, put up a spoiler warning first.

I don't know about others, but I'm planning to play this one at a leisurely pace and enjoy every little bit of it.

#106677 - 09/30/04 03:42 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Let us know when you are ready to Quest. I have just started...

Non spoiler type impressions:

- It's so "alive". Birds everywhere. Leaves and bugs flying, wind sounds, light changing as the clouds travel overhead.

- Love the occasional ability to move your view during a full-motion-video.

- Yeesha's a charmer.

Dadguy

#106681 - 09/30/04 04:39 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
rain2 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Orlando
I guess I'm sort of ahead...I'm already in another age...and getting ready to leave. The puzzles are just mind-boggling at the moment and complex as ever. hehe. What's new, right? hehe.
There is one thing I TRULY LOVE is the fact that all the books you read can be recited BACK to you, so you really DON'T have to read. I LOVE that so much. You can listen in on it from their perspective, whether good or bad.
About to Play:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Just Finished:
Myst IV

#106684 - 09/30/04 07:03 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
marty Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Deep in space
Spire age is killing me - I feel again like 6 year old frown Am I stupid or what?

#106685 - 09/30/04 07:05 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
rain2 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Orlando
That's where I was. It was a MAJOR pain, but it's not that bad if you read everything around you. If you need help, just tell us where you are and I'm sure we can help.
About to Play:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Just Finished:
Myst IV

#106687 - 10/01/04 12:19 AM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Full install took more than an hour! It's too late to start playing now. Isn't it?

#106690 - 10/01/04 03:16 AM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Demosthenes Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
So aside from all the usual puzzling...has anyone figured out why subtitles are only available in...Dutch? duh

#106691 - 10/01/04 04:46 AM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
girlgeek Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Anyone else have the game crash to the desktop after they were in the prison age (the left linking book one) for awhile?

I was walking down the steps of this green crystal covered mountainish thing and then took the elevator down to the bottom, got off, took two steps forward and...

CRASH! Hello desktop!

#106692 - 10/01/04 08:38 AM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
housewife Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Girl geek I have a question for you?...During installation did the game suggested that if you needed to upgrade your graphic drive..or you will get some problems in the game...I got that message
close to the end of installation..Where a window
pops up and have a list of check requiremnets to play the game...If you did then that is probably the reason you game could be crashing..

Just started yesterday...Wasn't able to play much since I started to play close to dinner time and couldn't get back to play again...But I am looking for, I think the control room..And I think I broke something, duh push a button, pulled a lever, and the lights of this standing thing turned off...Had some chat with the little girl, and played with some frequent machine where the guy helped me with(What's his name?)

I will get back to the game some time late in evening..Have to go to a Kids Birthday party on Sat..maybe get to play late at night..

It is amazing how you can enter someones bedroom and poke around in their stuff(only in games) wave

#106693 - 10/01/04 10:52 AM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Demosthenes -- when you first install the game you choose among several language choices. My guess is that, for some reason, Dutch was the default when you installed the game.

Minor Spoiler
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
I've just blown things up! I think this was because I didn't have the competence to follow Atrus's instructions.

I've always thought of Atrus as near-super-human. It was so funny to see the look on his face when his cherished mechanical device exploded.

He has now left me alone with Yeesha. I have a bad feeling about this. I suspect that restoring power and everything else I'm supposed to do will pale in comparison to the challenge of keeping Yeesha out of trouble.

#106694 - 10/01/04 11:17 AM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Demosthenes Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
Becky: Not only did I select "English", but reinstalling it had the same effect.

All the in-game menus, text and dialogue are in English. It's just the subtitle settings that claim they're only in Dutch. (Options--Game Options menu).

Pretty weird, if you ask me. woozy

#106695 - 10/01/04 11:59 AM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
I'm not sure why the subtitles are set up that way, Demosthenes, but my game is the same. I'll consult my all-knowing expert to see if she can give us any explanation.

Liz, that man who was asking for your help is Atrus himself!

Becky, I don't think it was our incompetence that caused the crystal viewer to blow a fuse--if you read some of the journals scattered around, it sounds as though it happens now and then...

#106696 - 10/01/04 12:47 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
girlgeek Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Liz,

Nope, no error boxes or anything during installation, my system exceeds requirements. On my first install it wouldn't install all the way and crashed to the desktop. I, therefore, disabled Norton Anti-virus (a COMMON problem) and re-installed without a hitch.

I've encountered no other problems while playing.

Returned to an old save and went back to the linking books, but this time chose the linking book on the right. No crashes this time. Guess I'll have to wait to see if the left book Age crashes again when I return to it. For now...I'm just going on in another Age, as I don't want to stop playing!!!! LOL

Gotta go! Much to see and much to do!

#106698 - 10/01/04 01:42 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Sequoia Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Mi, USA
I fondled the game long enough and besides some clouds showed up so it wasn't as nice outside anymore and I could stop feeling quilty for staying inside! So I am back in the land of Myst.

I have found that it is very difficult to play during the day- blinds are closed but the screen was impossible to see. The observatory was so dark that I couldn't see the stairs or any of the levers. I went into the options and lo and behold there is a lever to adjust the brightness, boy did that help! I think that I will have to turn it back down when I head outside, but for now I can see all of the beautiful detail of the room.

This is going to be a great game- and I will play it slowly like sipping a great glass of wine!

Sequoia

#106699 - 10/01/04 02:28 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Girlgeek, I went to the left linking book (Spire), and didn't have a crash. I did, however, turn around a couple times to view the scenery on the way down the stairs and observed some buggy graphics. There were a few transparent squares in the rock that shouldn't have been there.

I am now fighting to find out how to get the floating ship to allow me to cross to the floating islands in Spire.

Dadguy

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 ... 36 37 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (oldmariner, Marian, BrownEyedTigre, Space Quest Fan, Agustin Cordes, kjos, Darrall, Terri824, Rushes), 86 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users